• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Scrap on nose lead to tegu being so franctic she's a bit of a menace..

Mayapapaya

I brought mt tegu my herp vet this weekend and he said she's fine but..About a month and a half two months ago my tegu seemed like she was slowing down and kind of starting to hibernate, eating a bit less, sleeping all day. Then one day she scrapped the top scale and 3 of the small scales long her lip on what I'm assuming was the plexi door since nothing else even had much of a corner(it's now covered in foam). But I took out her substrate, was treating it with betadine, had a vet tech check it out said it looked fine.

Well she's not eating much and has been really agitated, so I brought her to the vet, gave me some cream to put on the wound, explained her odd behavior and got a bit of a "she looks fine and your doing everything right, it's just a phase". Well the past 3-4 days it's gotten worse and she's actually making the wounds and skin under her scales swell because she's so frantic to constantly get out. She barely wants to eat, it's always outside her enclosure when I've calmed her down. I'm assuming it's because she doesn't have substrate, since that's when this constant agitation began, but the vet said to wait 7 days(this upcoming sat) to put substrate in. I got a kitty bed and 2 fleece blankets a towel, and 2 other towels i moisten and put in to keep humidity up. Even when she's out she's constantly agitated to the point she started making a mess tearing out everything from my shelves, ripping out cords..she went from a very relaxed and chill tegu to a bit of a menace. Literally the only way I can get her to just relax is to curl up with her in a blanket and snuggle, if I leave her for to long she wakes up and is at it again. I was up until midnight just trying to keep her from tearing apart my house or tearing apart her face. I'm so at a loss and vet techs, vets, other tegus owners..everyone seems to write it off. I can't put the substrate in but I'm afraid she won't heal..Is there any advice or anything that could help?

Extra info, may or may not be relevant:Her temps are 78-80 cool side and 110-115F hot side, I did drop them down for a day or to, 70-75 and 105-110f to see if that would help, but nothing. I showed the vet pictures of my setup, all the info, he said everything was spot on. She was perfectly healthy and happy, never had this issue before, always ate great. I got her end of june she was a little over 6inches, fit in my palm, now she's a little over 3ft. Even with the vet though no actual aggression, she was actually absolutely perfect, curled right up in my arms, he did a whole body exam, she sat quietly. :/

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu