• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Scientists Sign "Declaration of Consciousness"

Murkve

Ntyvirus said:
Theres a documentary on monitors on Netflix that talks about how smart they are, it's not that boring either.

I've seen that one like 3 times. "Lizard Kings" is the title I believe. And documentaries are really only ever boring if you're disinterested in the subject material. I really love the segment with the Komodo Dragon at London Zoo, it was very... Encouraging.

HeatherN

thanks for sharing the article. after all the evidence, its nice to see some formal recognition from the community. people might confuse this for a declaration of human-like "intelligence" when it is simply acknowledgement of the observations that they can process things the same basic way we can, as humans. personally, i dont think its a call to PETA or anything either. just what people should already be doing imo; treating animals with respect, and caring for them to the best of ones abilities.

Murkve

Oh no. I agree, it's just Scientists' way of saying that all animals are at some level "self aware". If PETA takes this and twists it I'll be pretty pissed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029