• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Say Hello To My Varanids, Anyone Else Keep Varanids?

ReptileNerd

5 Year Member
Hello peeps, just showin off my awesome Varanids :shock:

Varanus acanthurus brachyurus:
DSC00349.jpg

DSC00348.jpg

DSC00340.jpg

DSC00345.jpg

DSC00346.jpg

Varanus acanthurus acanthurus
DSC00322.jpg

DSC00321.jpg

DSC00323.jpg

DSC00324.jpg

DSC00317.jpg

DSC00315.jpg

DSC00316.jpg

DSC00310.jpg

Varanus exanthematicus
DSC00136.jpg

DSC00128.jpg

DSC00127.jpg

DSC00110.jpg

DSC00137.jpg

Varanus timorensis
CIMG1498.jpg

DSC00039.jpg

DSC00042.jpg

DSC00047.jpg

CIMG1549.jpg

CIMG1553.jpg

Well those are all my beautiful Varanids and I will definitley be getting more :p

If anyone else keeps Varanids of any species, please feel free to post pictures of them.

-Jon- :shock:

dicy

5 Year Member
i like ur acanthurus acanthurus cuz i love the brigth yellow collers and i think reds r overrated :D

nat

5 Year Member
I don't keep any but I really love them. I saw a couple of mangrove monitors for sale yesterday on my trip into the big city (I live in a rural area) and they were fairly amazing creatures!

ReptileNerd

5 Year Member
Hey thanks for the complements everyone :!: :!: :!:

Varanus acanthurus brachyurus - Yellow Ackie Monitor

Varanus acanthurus acanthurus - Red Ackie Monitor

Varanus timorensis - Timor Monitor

Varanus exanthematicus - Savannah Monitor

The Ackies have to be my most favorite Varanids, they are just so full of energy and I find them very rewarding. I plan to hopefully get a few more within the new year and get some breeding projects going.

ReptileNerd

5 Year Member
Hey thanks for the complements everyone :!: :!: :!:

Varanus acanthurus brachyurus - Yellow Ackie Monitor

Varanus acanthurus acanthurus - Red Ackie Monitor

Varanus timorensis - Timor Monitor

Varanus exanthematicus - Savannah Monitor

The Ackies have to be my most favorite Varanids, they are just so full of energy and I find them very rewarding. I plan to hopefully get a few more within the new year and get some breeding projects going.

AB^

5 Year Member
They all look good Jon, but when you get bored of that timorensis you know where to send it :wink:

ReptileNerd

5 Year Member
Thanks again everyone :!: :!: :!:

I actually have to get new pics of the V.a.a, the little guy has sure grown alot in the past month.

Kevin, only way your gonna get this Timor is if you fly over here and fight me for it, son. :twisted:
What ever happened to making that cabinet of yours into a cage and getting some Timors of your own eh?

-Jon- :shock: :

AB^

5 Year Member
ReptileNerd said:
Thanks again everyone :!: :!: :!:

I actually have to get new pics of the V.a.a, the little guy has sure grown alot in the past month.

Kevin, only way your gonna get this Timor is if you fly over here and fight me for it, son. :twisted:
What ever happened to making that cabinet of yours into a cage and getting some Timors of your own eh?

-Jon- :shock: :

The cabinet would only hold a Juvenile Timor so I am scratching that plan and going to make it a cage for some italian wall lizards (podarcis sicula) as I have found someone with some and shall be getting a pair soon :eek: :lol: :eek: :D :D :D

playlboi

5 Year Member
those are some cool ass looking varanids. i can't believe i missed this thread. holla this way when you have some ackies available. lol

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I agree, there some real nice looking monitors, brings back a few memories.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980