• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

savannah monitor shedding

grimz

My juvi savannah monitor is shedding and it is taking him a long time i have given him baths and misting sprays so what else do you guys know of that can hlep him shed faster and better also my savannah monitor is a grey color in some spots and other spots are remaining to stay brown will the brown shed off maybe in the future.

Thank You

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Monitors shed in pieces, they don't shed like snakes, geckos, or tegus.

james.w said:

tegus dont shed in one piece

but back to the topic galil takes forever to shed just raise the humidity to 95 and feed them alot it will make the old skin strech off

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
monstruo-the-tegu said:
james.w said:

tegus dont shed in one piece

but back to the topic galil takes forever to shed just raise the humidity to 95 and feed them alot it will make the old skin strech off

Tegus can shed their entire skin in one piece.

Dana C

B/W is doing the same, shedding a little here and a little there. Once in a while, a bigger piece comes off. Before he is done with one shed, he starts another.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980