• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Sauromalus varius

Beazer

5 Year Member
Just got this pair from a good friend today. They are San Esteban Island Chuckwallas (aka pied chuckwallas/painted chuckwallas). The male is going to be a lot more white, right now his skin is stained from the crappy substrate that was used previously on it. The female is the darker one and she is scarred up and a bit stained as well, she's usually black and orangish colored. She is scarred up because she was kept in with the male in close quarters :/ . After it warms up again they will be going outside in a natural set up with boulders/burrows and spineluss opuntia and some other plants that are edible and that they enjoy (hopefully as close to their natural habitat as possible. I hope to aquire more unrelated pairs and try to breed them lol. But yeah, they are endangered and gorgeous animals. Hope you all enjoy! Oh and sorry about the crappy shots, I am just tired and too lazy to take time shooting them today lol.

Male:

MSEChuck2.jpg

MSEChuck3.jpg

Female:

FSEChuck2.jpg

FSEChuck1.jpg

I will post new pics of them after they are back to their normal colors.

-Jon DeLong

dorton

5 Year Member
Thats cool, I took some pics of one at the local zoo,that looks a lot
like the first one. Nice loking lizard.

dorton

5 Year Member
Here is a pic of on that reminded me of yours, its here at our local Zoo, in the Sonoran Desert exhibit.
chuck.jpg

Mike

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Interesting pic, but the lizard looks obese.....maybe it's not, since I'm not familiar with their body structure.

MMRR - jif

5 Year Member
Congrats on the purchase. I'm envious! I have a single male red backed chuck that is one of my favorite lizards ( I seem to have a lot of favorites). Someday I'd like to keep a San Esteban chuck. Good luck with the project. They look healthy.

joshandjack

5 Year Member
nice chucks. ive never kept any island chuckwalla species, but they are really cool, and i think they have finally started to become more affordable, i hope your planning on breeding them, they are really neat. i used to keep Sauromalous Ater but it was somewhat tricky converting thier diets from creosote to dandelion flowers and mixed veggies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980