• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

San Diego super show

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I was just wondering who is all going? I am making the trip from Las Vegas with the family.

turtlepunk

I SO WANT TO! only a 2 hour drive! but im broke and saving up for the remaining balance on my extreme tegu <3 Im hoping to make it to the pomona one in august though. =)

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I've never been to a good size show. Only show I have attended is the Las Vegas show the last 2 years. Fairly small compared to the San Diego show from what I have heard. I can't wait.

Shadowgamer21

Making it a 3 day weekend of it, plus beach if it's warm enough. Been to the one in Sacramento, which was awesome. This one is supposedly a bit bigger.

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I'll be there, weather hasnt been too bad. Warning that the water is still cold.

Shadowgamer21

:( only arg black and white I saw was already taken by someone else on this forum lol. Saw a couple of reds and a bunch of young columbians. Talked with the rescue people outside, they said they get over 100 animals turned over to them after shows like this. I can see why too, kids and impulse buyers everywhere. Right by the front door saw a bunch of young kids showing off what they got like they were baseball cards or something.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I was pretty disappointed in the show. Way too many ball pythons, bearded dragons, and leopard geckos. Was really hoping to see some bigger monitors.

They should also find a bigger venue for this show, way too many people crammed in there.

Shadowgamer21

james.w said:
I was pretty disappointed in the show. Way too many ball pythons, bearded dragons, and leopard geckos. Was really hoping to see some bigger monitors.

They should also find a bigger venue for this show, way too many people crammed in there.

I agree with everything you said. Morphs can be cool but way too many. Did not have the cool variety that the sacramento show had even if it is bigger in size. They also had too many chameleons in my opinion, especially since most if not all are not very good for beginners.

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Ya i was kinda bummed. I saw a few cool things, but nothing like the shows back in the day. I don't know why they use that small venu. I saw the black and white there, an adult was bought right when i got to the booth, lol. At lest that is one that will not be returned. But man that was way too crowded.

I saw a kid with a caiman lizard he bought and he said he bought the last one, his parents say it will be a good addition to her leo gecko. Lord i hope they know what they are bringing home.

There was one up side. LLLReptile had Powersuns for $39.99 and i had their 10$ coupon so it was a steal. I regreat only buying 3.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I picked up a couple PowerSuns from LLL as well.

Stopped by Prehistoric Pets on the way home and was much more impressed with what they had than what was at the show.

Couple things to add about prehistoric pets, customer service was horrible, 2 of the employees knew nothing about the animals or supplies (pricing, or anything). Large animals in small cages, too many animals in some cages, and the worse thing was the 6' water monitor that was free roaming with nobody watching or even near him. There was at least 4 kids petting him at one time, which seemed a little unsafe to me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu