• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Samus, growing like a weed!

KSTAR

5 Year Member
Looking great keep up the good work....and I could be wrong but it sort of looks like Eco-earth which is sort of like coconut husk and I use that if not mulch to it's great and good on humidity

fireimp141

Yah, Tyson likes to take his food, mostly rodents and chicken and run it into everything. A little rediculous. No big deal until he does it with the ground turkey cause he gets it from head to toe.

goodtimes

5 Year Member
Thanks everyone!

I use ecoearth for substrate.

I hear you on the turkey mess, no matter what I do Samus insists on flinging it all over.

I have a ton of pics, but I can only post three at a time and it's tedious.

Cali 202

5 Year Member
Samus looks great! He is so white already, really pretty.
goodtimes said:
I hear you on the turkey mess, no matter what I do Samus insists on flinging it all over.
Agreed. The other day I fed mine a small adult mouse on a paper plate on the floor, dumb idea lol. He ended up flinging mouse guts and blood all over my room, biiiig mess :roll:

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
The adults do the same thing. I'm always hoping they're really hungry and actually swallow the mouse instead of torturing it for 15 minutes!! I had to let the male walk off with his 2nd mouse so I could clean his enclosure, fortunately he ate it. The female is known for ripping the mice in half. Our big Red swallows them like popcorn!

Cali 202

5 Year Member
Yeah I was shocked when Marley ripped it in half. Even when he was still eating pinkies he has ALWAYS swallowed them whole, which I had always thought was strange.

KSTAR

5 Year Member
hey that's weird....when i had my blue and my redxblue hybrid they ate everything else i fed them fine but when it came to ground turkey they would mush they're noses in it and throw it around before they ate it and as for mice forget it... :roll: they ragged them and slammed them and would bite and let go then bite again and then eat it....i guess its a blue thing :crazy

goodtimes

5 Year Member
SOO, the truth has emerged....literally. Yesterday Samus was on the window sill and decided to drop a load. Low and behold hemipenes and sperm plugs. I am always on the lookout for them and until yesterday saw nothing. I was sure He was a She, but now the guessing is over and the search for a girlfriend begins........................................................... :app

goodtimes

5 Year Member
Hey everyone! I am back from Hawaii and just got some new pics and measurments. Samus is now 33" total length, 11" head to base of tail and 22" base of tail to tip. I was gone for 3 weeks....he grew so much, it is amazing when you're not around for a while how much you notice their growth. So here are a few new pics.[attachment=2][attachment=1][attachment=0]

Attachments

• 014.JPG
    515 bytes · Views: 12
  • 033.JPG
    515 bytes · Views: 13
  • 016.JPG
    515 bytes · Views: 12

goodtimes

5 Year Member
Here are some more![attachment=2][attachment=1]How about a gut shot![attachment=0]

Attachments

• 039.JPG
    515 bytes · Views: 10
  • 038.JPG
    515 bytes · Views: 11
  • 036.JPG
    515 bytes · Views: 9

goodtimes

5 Year Member
And some more!! :mrgreen:[attachment=2][attachment=1]Here is one to reference size by.[attachment=0]Well I hope you all enjoy these! I love my Tegu child!

Attachments

• 047.JPG
  • 045.JPG
  • 042.JPG
    515 bytes · Views: 11

goodtimes

5 Year Member
Thanks, he is growing faster than I thought. When I was home every day watching I started to think "man he really slowed down", but after being gone three weeks and seeing the difference I realized how fast he is still growing! :roon

goodtimes

5 Year Member
[attachment=4190]Well I have not been here for some time and Samus is a big boy now, so I thought I would give you all a picture.

Attachments

• Samus.jpg
    Samus.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 14

goodtimes

5 Year Member
tommyboy said:
He is looking great!! what is his total length now?

Thanks! He is just about 4 foot now. He lost 3 or 4 inches of tail when he was quite a bit smaller so he would have been over 4 foot for sure.

Cheers!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sonny