• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Sacramento Reptile Show

aerodan

5 Year Member
My GF and I are driving to the Sac show from Mountain View - hoping to pickup a new tree for our beardie and some worms (super, silk etc...). That's it really - I went to the San Jose show, and it was OK - I hope this one is bigger and has more variety - but it's all in fun :)

-AD

chillydogwillis said:
Anybody going this weekend? If so what do you hope to see

AB^

5 Year Member
I usually go every year but it doesnt look like it's gonna happen this year.
Though I'm gonna try to catch the San Jose show that should be coming up in a couple months.

mschuld

5 Year Member
Is this a pretty big show? I've been to a few in my area and they were a little disappointing. Not that I have anything against colibrids, but paying eight bucks to see that 75% of the vendors carry just that gets a liittle old. We would enjoy driving down the coast to see a really good show.

desiree

5 Year Member
Oh! Stop by and see my friends at the IRCF booth ;) John and Sandy Binns will be there with Izzy, a 22# cuban rock iguana!

aerodan

5 Year Member
Just a quick update, we did end up going to the Sac show. It was quite a bit bigger than San Jose and though there were many of the same vendors, there were also some that we'd never seen.

It's a bit of a mixed blessing going to these shows, in honesty. For one, there are some really upstanding and knowledgeable dealers that I've learned and enjoyed purchasing from... On the other, there are some shady sorts that care little for their animals. Petree dishes stacked four deep with tegus and other animals needing much more space, heat water and food. We found two dead smaller reptiles while walking around the floor and watched as people totally ill equipped to care for large animals such as monitors, buy ad walk away with a pat on the back and little info...

On the other side, there was a concerted attempt by many to educate! Some good speakers and man, the guys from Alpha Dragonz know their little beasties and are well specialized to bearded dragons.

So, a mixed bag, but all in all we had a fruitful trip. I'd really like to see some better regulation on the way animals are kept though.

Oh, and very few bug dealers... We picked up some crickets and such, but the mealworm shortage is a real shame... also, I haven't seen a silkworm in a really long time!

Best,
-AD

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoritoDan