• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Roy X Magnolia tegus hatched 6/25/2010 (official thread)

tora

I know right now they all look the same but I think he so cute, so have another pic of him napping on me! Also, he's not a very good hunter, haha. I think if I left the crickets in there for only 15 min he wouldn't get enough. Half the time he is waaaay off and faceplants into the tub. Anyone ever seen their gu scratch their head with their back leg like a dog? This sort of caught me off guard a little, lol.

Attachments

• tegu.jpg
    515 bytes · Views: 4

rmzsuzuki89

tora said:
I know right now they all look the same but I think he so cute, so have another pic of him napping on me! Also, he's not a very good hunter, haha. I think if I left the crickets in there for only 15 min he wouldn't get enough. Half the time he is waaaay off and faceplants into the tub. Anyone ever seen their gu scratch their head with their back leg like a dog? This sort of caught me off guard a little, lol.

He is cute.

And my beardies do that with their back legs too lol. Mostly me female when shes in a bath, or if a roach gets on my males head lol.

And I'm glad to hear that yours is eating, or attempting to catch food lol. Mine has only had a lil egg since he's been here. He had a lil the day I brought him home, and a lil more today. I tried giving him some roaches yesterday and he just concentrated on getting out of the bin lol. I'm sure he's still a lil freaked out about being in a box for a day and a half and being in constant motion lol.

tora

Yeah I noticed he didn't want anything to do with the food until I shut off the main light and only had a hallway light peeking in. The second day I left him in there by himself, otherwise he was too distracted by me. He's making lots of progress already though, earlier he wasn't too thrilled about me being in his space and trying to take him out, but now I can stick my hand in there and pet him and he loves it, lol.

rmzsuzuki89

Back to the top, lets see some more babies.

I have a couple questions about my setup though. I may just be over thinking it, but I wanna make sure.
My 10.0 and heat lamp dont really overlap, so I'm wandering if i should re-build the top to the cage and move the 10.0 over, and maybe partially rest the heat lamp on the side of the 10.0 fixture.
2qvcjn8.jpg

311m0xf.jpg

255keo5.jpg

And a couple more of Apophis.
b82viq.jpg

6p3omf.jpg

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Lokks fine to me, however i am going to have to steal your idea on that top lol, it makes more sense since it keeps the uvb from being blocked!

rmzsuzuki89

reptastic said:
Lokks fine to me, however i am going to have to steal your idea on that top lol, it makes more sense since it keeps the uvb from being blocked!

Ok that makes me feel better.

My copyright fee isn't too much...Haha jk jk. And its cheaper than going out and buying a screen top at a pet shop or wherever. Although it was free for me because I just used the scrap wood and screen from building my beardies enclosures, and left over glue and screws form working on my audio setup in my car.

I can take some closer, more detailed pics of the top if you want.

Stef41

My baby boy finally arrived today!!! I am so excited!! :app

I've named him Maverick, and he has settled in to his nice big enclosure very well so far! Spent most of today (arrived around noon) in his basking area...and now he's hunkered down somewhere beneath all the mulch :)

Here's a couple of pics I managed to snap today! And I'll definitely have more on the way (I am a photo freak!)

Attachments

• Mav1.jpg
  • Mav2.jpg
    515 bytes · Views: 2
  • Mav3.jpg

rmzsuzuki89

Stef41 said:
My baby boy finally arrived today!!! I am so excited!! :app

I've named him Maverick, and he has settled in to his nice big enclosure very well so far! Spent most of today (arrived around noon) in his basking area...and now he's hunkered down somewhere beneath all the mulch :)

Here's a couple of pics I managed to snap today! And I'll definitely have more on the way (I am a photo freak!)

Second pic is really good.

Apophis seems to be noticeably growing already.
xn9sgx.jpg

Caught her digging.
1y35o4.jpg

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
just got the word kaa aka justin d.am has recieved the tegus yesterday and will be posting pics as soon as he can. im so excited to see them. btw all of your tegus look awesome!!!!!!!!

JohnMatthew

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Lookin good everybody! I suggest going picture crazy, you'll want something to remind you what your baby looks like after a few months of hibernation :-D

rmzsuzuki89

reptastic said:
just got the word kaa aka justin d.am has recieved the tegus yesterday and will be posting pics as soon as he can. im so excited to see them. btw all of your tegus look awesome!!!!!!!!

Can't wait to see them.

DMBizeau

JohnMatthew said:
Lookin good everybody! I suggest going picture crazy, you'll want something to remind you what your baby looks like after a few months of hibernation :-D

Unless you have one like Reptastic had and you have a 4 footer by spring lol.

rmzsuzuki89

DMBizeau said:
JohnMatthew said:

Unless you have one like Reptastic had and you have a 4 footer by spring lol.

I wouldn't complain one bit. :)

kaa

5 Year Member
I got the pictures, I just need to find the cord to hook them up to the pc and I will get them on here, maybe tomorrow. I'm in the middle of packing for a move, Just bare with me.

tora

Oooh i haven't seen any with the brown head like that. Very cool! Wonder what it'll look like grown up.

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
eeeekkkkk thanks justin, they look so good. i havnt seen a hatchling with the red head thing either lol im curious myself, but i had to lol at that last pic of storm looks like he dosnt wnt to take the pic. thanks again justin and bobby.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmelanc602