• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Roaming and Hunting

MrMycetes

Hello all!
So I have a two year old Argentinean B&W named Saul. He's about 33".
Today I took him out to the public garden plots for some running around time, as it's pretty sunny out, and he caught either a vole, or a mole, or something. There's a big chance it was already dead, as I didn't see him take any huge pains to kill it. I was wondering if anyone had ever taken their tegu hunting? i have access to some pretty large fields, and I know there are small mammals and birds running around. Saul seemed to like climbing through the grass and flowers and other stuff, and it'll get him his daily dose of prime UV. I took him off his leash, as he doesn't really like the ferret collar I got, but it's pretty easy to stay by him. It's also a good way to give him exercise, as he can get into places a collar would restrict, like tall grass. We probably took a 300 foot walk around the field, which I think he liked better than sitting in the house all day.

As of now he's free roaming, and I take him with me to the hydroponics shop where I work, where he has a really high tech lighting ballast he loves to sit on all day. He's exceedingly tame, and I can put my hand in his mouth, pick him up, ride him around in the truck on trips, etc. He also likes swimming in the pond, but I'm not going to trust him in the water without a harness, so he can't go far. I really want to give him as much freedom as I can, though, and I'll try him in different locations soon enough. I'v attached a picture of him, with my friend for size reference. She's 5'.

Attachments

• saul.jpg
    saul.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 37

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980