• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Road trip with my tegu help !

Jflorez28

Well I need advice to have a peace of mind , I have a baby red I got in the daytona show but now were leaving our vacation home tonight and heading back to NY , it's about a 24 hour dive , I was ganna take him in a good size plastic bin with his bedding and hide in there would that be good enough ? I really want to make sure he gets home safe :/ please help

JohnMatthew

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
That's fine, your GU should be alright so long as you don't leave them in a hot car in the sun. If you plan on stopping for any period of time with the vehicle turned off I would not leave them in the car, find a discreet way to bring your GU with you in such circumstances(i.e. a tied pillowcase that's then put inside a backpack or large handbag).

dragonmetalhead

1,000+ Post Club
Make sure the lid is secure; nothing is worse than trying to holding onto a writing tegu while driving. If you can, put something heavy on top make sure your tegu doesn't get out. Better yet, have someone else hold the bin so they can keep two eyes on the lizard while you keep yours on the road.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu