• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Rhinos and humidity

Maro1

With winter here humidity in the house is really low. Was down to 25% with the cornburner running. I am having all I can do to keep it at 55%

What do you keep your iguanas humidity at?

How do you do it?

Maro1

RobK.

Maro1 said:
With winter here humidity in the house is really low. Was down to 25% with the cornburner running. I am having all I can do to keep it at 55%

What do you keep your iguanas humidity at?

How do you do it?

Maro1

I have a humidifier and it keeps it in the 60-70s at night and 50's during the day . I spray and give my Rhino baths also . My Rhino has been sick and was at a vet for 2 1/2 weeks and when i got him home he was dehydrated and the tip of his tail does not look good . I have been giving him 30 minute baths daily to help he's tail and get him to shed . he did not grow much while at the vet . she kept his temps too low and did nothing about humidity . she said they gave him baths but i am not so sure they did . And this was the best reptile vet in Utah too . He is starting to grow again and is shedding his head . JIF on another forum keep his in the 50's and they do fine .

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I was thinking bk when i had my green and rhino, during the cold mos., i kept mines in the 40/50s but i misted daily, never bathed my rhino though, i had 0 shed problems

teguboy77

5 Year Member
My humidity is around the 40% to 50% all year,i do soak my rhino twice a week,but the soak is also to help keep him clean,and i have no problem shedding or anything else.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029