• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Rhino v. Cuban v. Monitor

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I am ready to get another large lizard (winter interactive lizard), I am curious of others experiences with the 3 in the title. Mainly I am looking for a Rhino iguana, but am having a little trouble finding any I am comfortable getting. Cubans are out there as well a little cheaper. Monitors I am looking at are Ornate, Savannah, Peach Throat. Any experiences or opinions on these? Also where can I get a hatchling Rhino or Cuban?

reachsam

Try at this breeder <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.herpnut.com/page.php?page=home" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.herpnut.com/page.php?page=home</a><!-- m -->

G

i have a Savannah there fairly well tempered.i calmed mine down when it was opening its mouth every chance it got and hisses the entire time i held it.but shes good now.iv seen alot of videos on youtube with vary tame savys.i hear peach throats are good too.

G

i've got a sav. its still fairly young, under a year, i've had it since november and so far its been great. it was a bit of a struggle to hold it at first but it's calmed down nicely. they can be time consuming, they should be getting some kind of human interaction daily. mine gets fed every other day, i've been doing insects, eggs and ground turkey. i did a pinkie mouse once but i don't think i will continue with mice. theres a debate on whether or not to feed them. they can easily become obese and/or get fatty liver disease. i like feeding the crickets because it has to run around to catch them. lolol

i'd love to get a cuban rock iguana some day. i know there are a few people on here who have had rhinos and cubans hopefully they can give you some info on the iguanas. if you're mainly interested in getting a rhino keep looking for it, whatever you gets going to be with you for years. :-D

G

Congrats!!! They are way cool .. Let us know how it goes with him .. Do you have any pictures ??

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
here are a couple

002-1.jpg

Rhino001.jpg

G

Oh man!!!!! I may have to get one of those .... They get just HUGE I hear ..!

G

I guess to me a Tegu is huge!! The pictures and videos that I have seen they were all the lizard you would ever need ..Right out of [Johnny Quest]

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029