• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Rhino up date

RobK.

My vet sent me this e-mail . I am going to take her up on this . Hopefully she can come up with another idea as to what going on , and a cheap cure .

'' I will occasionally do for my clients is offer to take
the case on here while we're waiting for a response to therapy. I would
be willing to house and manage him for 2-3 weeks if that is easier for
you, at no charge for that period of time. If that is something you are
interested in, just let me know. ''

if this does not work and by the end of these three weeks, i MAY :huh::s have him put down . ??? I have had three vets look at him and all three feel the first vet was on track . I have around 900 .00 into this so far , so you can't say i didn't try . Hopefully he will turn around or the vet will find some cheap fix . I am out of funds and his head shaking is getting worse not better . THIS Really SUCKS !! After i drop him off i am going camping for a few days , just to get away . I have become so attacked to this little rhino and I need a brake .

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
So the outdoor time didn't seem to help?

You have definitely done what you can. Give the vet a shot and hope for the best.

RobK.

He's more active out side , but still not eating more than a bite or te two and is shaking his head more . Plus heat makes it worse . ihave alway felt there is some kind of paresite or yeast infection . Why else would heat make it worse ?This all started after he had a bad (clear ) rubby nose , i raised the heat and it went away , then this two days latter . ??I hope she checks him out and gives me a brake and does some more test for him .

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Did you get him from a breeder? Have you talked to any breeders to see if they have ever seen anything like this?

RobK.

james.w said:
Did you get him from a breeder? Have you talked to any breeders to see if they have ever seen anything like this?

I got him from Tom Crutchfield in Florida . he is impossible to get a hold of since his business partner shot him , then committed suicide . The vet was glad i dropped him off so she can see first hand what he's doing . I told her if she cames up with something besides CT let me know a price . so i will most likely be into this over 1,000 by the time its all done and i hope is don't have to put him down after all this . :(

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Have you tried emailing Tom, I got a hold of him through email the other day regarding some snakes he has.

RobK.

james.w said:
Have you tried emailing Tom, I got a hold of him through email the other day regarding some snakes he has.

yes many times .

jdpFL said:
Wow, technology amazes me. Email from the beyond...cool! lol. Sorry. ;)

Oh never mind, I get it. Lol. blonde moment.

???:huh: not sure what this is all about ??

jdpFL

It's about nothing, stupid drama queens. I mistakenly thought James was emailing a deceased person, then I said, never mind, blonde moment. But of course all you little girls get your panties all in a wad and start with the "what does that mean?" It means nothing. God, I hate forums. First one I ever joined, deleting it now, and going to play with my tegu, in the real world, while all you losers sit in front of a computer all day.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
jdpFL said:
It's about nothing, stupid drama queens. I mistakenly thought James was emailing a deceased person, then I said, never mind, blonde moment. But of course all you little girls get your panties all in a wad and start with the "what does that mean?" It means nothing. God, I hate forums. First one I ever joined, deleting it now, and going to play with my tegu, in the real world, while all you losers sit in front of a computer all day.

Whoa... I don't think anyone was trying to cause drama, you posted something that we didn't understand and they asked what you meant. If you hate forums so much why do you bother coming here.

slideaboot

5 Year Member
jdpFL said:

Bummer, man! I'm really gonna miss you...

roastedspleen

I think that was a girl and forgive me but that was hilarious.......... LOL kind of a hypocrite saying that to everyone. I dont even go on that often.

RobK.

jdpFL said:

''But of course all you little girls get your panties all in a wad "

Little girl , looks like your the one getting all pissed and leaving not us . :s :s

latest from the vet ,

quote ''

'' We've given him a whole exam room to
hang out in during the day with a basking site. Unfortunately, the exam room doors do
not have windows and he does not like us standing in the open doorway watching
him. So I'm not sure we're actually going to be able to witness the
head-shaking. Our goal at this point is to medicate him and monitor his weight, then basically leave him alone and give him time to resolve. I know it's hard
to be patient, but that is what is required in this situation. His ears look fine, he's holding his weight and looks good otherwise.

Dr Harris .

babyyitslove

jdpFL said:
I'm sorry, and no offense, but were you under the influence or medicated when you wrote This? It just doesn't sound like you at all.

RobK.

roastedspleen said:
I hope your rhino gets better, you have done so much for it. Shows that you really care aboutyour animals

Thanks !!

I have always tried to take the best care of all my pets . I may have blown it by using carpet as subtrate . As soon as he started getting a runny nose i changed it out and put linoleum . I kept the carpet clean and changed it every other day . asl soon as i removed the carpet and raisednhis temps a litle extra , His runny nose stopped this this happened .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoritoDan