• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Rhino growth

teguboy77

5 Year Member
Was cleaning my rhino's cage and feeding him so i decided to take a measurement and at 5/27/11 he was 17''1/4 today at 6/5/11 hes 17'' 3/4 so in 9 days he grew a half inch not bad,just thought i'd share thx.:)

RobK.

I taped mine today as he was stretched out against the glass , so it didn't haver to pick him up .he's 20 1/2 ''. he was 13 1/8 when i got him the first week of march . Tom said he was from Wilma's last clutch ( July 11 th ) in this video . Wilma died soon after .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUm18pcMgIg&feature=player_embedded#at=13
RobK. said:
I taped mine today as he was stretched out against the glass , so it didn't haver to pick him up .he's 20 1/2 ''. he was 13 1/8 when i got him the first week of march . Tom said he was from Wilma's last clutch ( July 11 th ) in this video . Wilma died soon after .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUm18pcMgIg&feature=player_embedded#at=13

he posted this in sept . not user the exact date he hatched though .

http://forums.kingsnake.com/view.php?id=1860622,1860622

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Man you guys are killing me with all this rhino talk lol, i keep telling myself august is only around the corner and ill be in my own place and i can finally get another rhino from tom, you guys are doing fantastic (or should i say reptastic lol) jobs with your iggys

teguboy77

5 Year Member
Not bad gowth for 11 months old,yours was born in july of 2010,mine was born in october of 2010 so mine is 3 months younger than yours and 17 3/4 by 9 months old i wanna see how big mine will be at 11 months old not far behind and younger lol.Keep up the good work.:p

RobK.

reptastic said:
Man you guys are killing me with all this rhino talk lol, i keep telling myself august is only around the corner and ill be in my own place and i can finally get another rhino from tom, you guys are doing fantastic (or should i say reptastic lol) jobs with your iggys

I am also looking forward to you getting another one . i was following your posts about your Rhino on here and Kingsnake . It was very sad to read/hear about your house fire . Your Rhino was a very nice looking one for sure . Also you did a GREAT job of caring for him/her . A+ . :)

teguboy77 said:
Not bad gowth for 11 months old,yours was born in july of 2010,mine was born in october of 2010 so mine is 3 months younger than yours and 17 3/4 by 9 months old i wanna see how big mine will be at 11 months old not far behind and younger lol.Keep up the good work.:p

I always though of him being born when he came out of the egg in sept not July whenhe was laid . ?? LOL Never though of it that way . :rolleyes::D . It funny watching mine roam around his cage , he has a spot to scratch his head , another spot for his back and another for his belly and so on . He begs for food too , very funny little guy . You can also look at his eyes or body quester and tell what kind of mood he's in . Every time i put my hand in his cage now , he's thinking , FRUIT TIME . and runs right over . :) .

herpgirl2510

I am going to have to measure mine to get in on this.I was told he was 24" first I have to do something about his razor sharp claws . I have bloody scratches all over my I will be using gloves now.

teguboy77

5 Year Member
RobK. said:
reptastic said:

I am also looking forward to you getting another one . i was following your posts about your Rhino on here and Kingsnake . It was very sad to read/hear about your house fire . Your Rhino was a very nice looking one for sure . Also you did a GREAT job of caring for him/her . A+ . :)

teguboy77 said:

I always though of him being born when he came out of the egg in sept not July whenhe was laid . ?? LOL Never though of it that way . :rolleyes::D . It funny watching mine roam around his cage , he has a spot to scratch his head , another spot for his back and another for his belly and so on . He begs for food too , very funny little guy . You can also look at his eyes or body quester and tell what kind of mood he's in . Every time i put my hand in his cage now , he's thinking , FRUIT TIME . and runs right over . :) .

They are fun to just sit there and watch,mine will try to roam around and escape when i put him back in his cage,he tries to use his head like a bulldozer its funny like hes trying to push the cage down lol,then he'll sit rite in front of were i'm siting and look at me like take me out of here lol.There funny and smart thats forsure.Mine was born in september out of egg so i guess yours has a month on mine still we both have great growth rate for there age,the last rhino i had from rob ehrig grew really fast too must be selective breeding good breeders do and mines a russets makes him alittle different.Rob your rhino parents are nice as well,i guess we'll see how our rhino's turn out as they get bigger its neat we give updates.:)

teguboy77

5 Year Member
So today my girl gave me a had measuring my rhino and on 6/5/11 he was 17 3/4 today he is 19'' man they grow fast thats 14 days and a 1''1/4 growth lol.And hes 8 months old pretty good growth spurt.:)

frost

1,000+ Post Club
iv been wanting a rhino iguana fora while.but iv head that they take a long time to get tame or till u can handle them. is this true or only partly true? i heard that it takes up to a year to get em tame...

teguboy77

5 Year Member
I mean ive had 3 before my new rhino and all were alittle different,none of mine were really aggressive,alittle skittish my first two but my new rhino is pretty docile already i can pet him without any problems,you just cant force yourself on them,let them get use to you in my opinion.It just takes time to get them docile and i'm sure its worth every minute,rhino's are my favorite reptile by far,there very smart and awsome lizards.I love my rhino and other people that own a rhino on this site will tell you the same,and the other people on her that have a rhino have awsome rhino's aswell.

teguboy77

5 Year Member
Yeah i mean every rhino is different to some point,but just letting him get use to and not bothering him all the time helps too,they say at 2 years old rhino's really become docile,mines already pretty docile for a juvi.

RobK.

I have and two , one was fairly tame from the beginning and my new one is now around 10 months old and doing well . I have had him/her since march and he will now eat out of my hand or anyone else who feeds him . he will also sit in you hand while eating . I don't try to pick him up , i let him come to me and climb on me . so he's not tame yet but doing very well . I would recommend one to anyone with PATIENCE . My Rhino is the coolest reptile have owned .

teguboy77

5 Year Member
Yeah again i think rhino's are awsome there are my favorite lizard i ever kept.The key thing i think is patience,letting them get use to you and dont rush yourself on them being there somewhat nervous lizards to start with.Every rhino will be a bit different.But i too like rhino iguanas the best as far as lizards,and i like everybodies on here to.:)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoritoDan