• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Rex loves his towel

Sean32817

Rex had a few accidents when I was first socializing him, by having him sit on my lap while petting and talking to him so I grabbed an old towel to save my jeans - that and so I could leave my shorts on.

One day he discovered that he could get into the folds of the towel and he came to love it as much as the wife's bearded dragons like snuggling up in something soft.

Now here's the funny part, along with a testament to how smart tegu are - I draped the towel over the side of his home (a 7x3' water trough) to keep it handy and he recognized it and will now pull it down so he can snuggle up in it when he feels like it - nothing cuter than seeing a towel laying in there with a tongue flicking in and out from beneath an edge of it.

TheTeguNovice

5 Year Member
Yeah my Tegu's love there towel too. After a both I usually will rap them in a towel and massage their head. They will legit get so relaxed and almost fall asleep. Also when I taken them out to bask in the backyard I use a towel to get them back into their enclosures. Towels definitely work wonders.

rats

5 Year Member
We leave a towel in Foley's cage for him to burrow into if he feels like it. On a warm evening, he'll lay on top of it instead. It's definitely a comforting thing (like a security blanket!) and we always put one in his carrier when we take him to the vet. Keeps him calm!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980