• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Reptile Safe Branches?

Beazer

5 Year Member
I have been looking around for anything reptile safe. Here in az, quality driftwood is near impossible to find. As far as "safe" branches I am not exactly sure where to start. I would use thick wooden dowels but it just looks boring. I have heard Eucalyptus branches are safe. Is oak safe? If there are any branches you guys can think of that have a 3-6inch diameter, tend to fork, and are reptile safe and wont mold over in high humidity please let me know. I suck with vivarium stuff lol.

Another question is, where can I get my hands on cork tubess? I have been looking for thones that are a full circle, not the ones where they cut a huge slit. Thanks guys.

-Jon DeLong

tegu1982

5 Year Member
as far as the branches go ive been told you can pretty much use any thing that isnt poisonuos. you would just soak them in a 10 part water one part bleach solution for about 8 hours then let it dry out. and then bake it for alittle bit. but you might wanna check with some of the more experienced people cuz im not entirly sure this is a safe alternative. :chin

Gx3

5 Year Member
LLL Reptile sells all different kinds of reptile safe wood,http://lllreptile.com/store/catalog/reptile-supplies/wood-supplies-and-manzanita/
just in case you want to buy some. Even with shipping its still cheaper from them than it is my local pet store

Magik

5 Year Member
Ha you think you guys have it bad!It costs 25 euro for a medium branch just go and convert it to see how much that is!!!

Magik

5 Year Member
Hahaha Im tellin ya if you decide to live in ireland you can forget about keeping reptiles unless you know where to look for equipment and stuff otherwise you wont be able to pay for the roof over your head!!

Magik

5 Year Member
Thats what I did a few times until I was fined for "Criminal Damage" 250 euro for a branch!I think I will stick to shop prices!

Magik

5 Year Member
And it not the worst charge I have ever been giving but I wont go into them on a public forum!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu