• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Red vs Blue Tegu?

RePTiLeZ

Hey, I just bought an Argentine Tegu which the seller, a private breeder, said was a blue tegu. The tegu is only slightly less than a year old and is black and white for the most part. His head is whitish - much like that of a blue tegu, but his limbs, especially the backside are reddish. He has reddish marks threw out his body but otherwise he appears to be a blue tegu. It doesn't appear he's been rubbing on his cage: the marks are clearly part of his natural color, although his face has a bit of red, as well. Once I get him home I'll send a picture, but for now is there anyway to tell what species/breed he is? Thanks! He's a beatiful little guy! :D

RePTiLeZ

My apologies, he's a bit stressed from the drive and keeps scurrying off. I tried to get the red from his backside because from farther away he looked just like a blue tegu in the photo.
image.jpg

RePTiLeZ

Ah, nevermind. Once in the light, he is certainly blue. The light through the bag caused him to appear red.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029