• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

red tegus very aggressive

G

My brother bought a red tegu from the expo, she is about 2 yrs old. She was very nice for like 2 months, Now she is very aggressive, jumps at you, twist and turns in the air, bites at you through the cage. My brother was bitten twice, now he is scared of her is there something he is doing wrong...need help.....

Nessie

Does your brother feed the Tegu in the enclosure or in a seperate bin? A seperate bin is recomended as Tegus can get rather cage aggresive. Also, does your brother feed the Tegu live prey like mice or rats? If a Tegu is used to chasing down their food then they will have that response with everything that moves. Bite first then evaluate whether or not that was food. Check your temps to make sure they are not too hot/cold, offer fresh water. Make sure the Tegu has everything he needs to be happy and then take baby steps to tame him up. Talk to him often, mess around in his cage changing water, misting ect. My guy started charging so I bought a pair of welding gloves. When I had the gloves on he wouldn't charge. I never used them to pick him up but I used them to test him while I fiddled in his tank. I only used them twice as he calmed right down after that.

vaughanson

These variations from just under 2 meters for a 4+ feet high and has a pleasant character, which makes them popular pets.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980