• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Red tegu?

Roxberry

I am new to tegu talk and just had a few questions. I have delt with black and whites my whole life but just recently I got the opportunity to get a red. Is this 100% red? She looks really light colored to me. Just looking for some info thanks.

image.jpg

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I agree. Looks like a hybrid and is pretty. Who was the vendor? They should know.

I believe the best tegus are the ones you want. I like line breeding for sure but do not get the attraction to hybridizing. I don't know if their value is more or less than a pure red. Still, you pay for a red, you should get a red with no doubt.

Roxberry

No vendor I just have a bunch of other monitors and a friend of a friend had her and apparently somewhere down the line they said this girl had a bad temperament. I have yet to see it but who knows. The person who turned her over said it was a red but it just didn't look 100% right to me. I know there are supposed to be high white reds and all sorts of mixes now, I was just trying to get an idea of what I was dealing with. Thanks again for all the input!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu