• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Red Paraguayan Tegu ??

AWD247

5 Year Member
Guys, Im new to Red Tegu's, came across this ad selling these: "Red Paraguayan Tegu's" Is this a special breed of Red Tegu, Ive always though Reds were just RED, Coming across this ad they have these and state that:

"These tegus have major amounts of white and red checkered pattern. They get very large - 4' to 5'. Original Burgundy stock from 7 years ago when Paraguay was coming in the country. It took us over 5 years to produce these"

RedTegu3.jpg

Just wanted you guys input on these since Ive never heard of them before.

Thanks

Jer723

5 Year Member
hey jay! i posted this same xact ad up, and bobby and several other people said that its just a marketing ploy to raise prices. they are basically the exact same way as argentine tegus. its just a marketing ploy to up the price. but they are gorgeous

Jerry

AWD247

5 Year Member
Thanks again guys,

I was wondering because I noticed that these had a real different pattern compared to other Red hatchlings I've seen but like I said Im not too familiar with Reds so I figured Id ask

AWD247

5 Year Member
Oh I agree, I wouldnt trust/buy from anyone unless it was someone the forum maybe heard of and could possible recommend, I was just asking being that im trying to learn more about the different tegu's and came across these, since they werent listed anywhere here I had to ask LOL

Hows all the tegus??

Edit: Also although I dont know much about these owners, and im not bashing, but.. These guys are selling B&W's for $50 bux, you might wanna trust your instinct and buy from breeders you can trust and come highly recommended.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980