• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Recently purchased Tegu has scar on head? (Advice Plase!)

Teigu

Hello,

Last night I purchased a Tegu from craigslist (It was late at night). I asked to see the tegu under some light and we stepped under the seller's porch light.

From what I could see the Tegu looked good, But after giving the tegu a bath and washing all the dirt away from his scales. I noticed this scar on his head!

Can anyone identify what it is? Scar? Scale rot?

Whatever the case may be, I just want to make sure this guy get's back to 100%.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• unnamed (1).jpg
    unnamed (1).jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 69

Teigu

(Update)

I contacted the previous owner and asked about this scar/wound..

Apparently the previous owner has only had her for 1 month and bought her from another person. (I'm the third owner)

The Tegu originated from LLLReptile.

The 2nd owner asked the 1st owner what happend to her head, and he didn't know >:/

The 2nd owner took her to a reptile shop and asked about the wound. They said it was a scar that looks like she got from a bite (who knows). But apparently both previous owners weren't suited to keep a Tegu. The reason the 2nd owner sold her to me was because he couldn't afford to give her proper husbandry...

Last night I put some topical antibacterial ointment on a qtip and rub the affected areas.

An hour later, I put some Neosporin on a qtip and applied to the affected areas.

This morning before I left to work, the scar look DRASTICALLY better and she was under her basking light soaking up the heat.

I'm hoping she's on the road to healing and this regiment will clear her up for good!

Amazing how tame and well mannered this girl is. Glad she has found a forever home with me.

I will take some more pictures of her and post them later

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu