• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Rare Red and Agintino Black and White TEGU's

Swtbrat

5 Year Member
What makes a Red Tegu Rare?

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://saskatoon.kijiji.ca/c-pets-other-pets-for-sale-Rare-Red-and-Agintino-Black-and-White-TEGUs-W0QQAdIdZ34113391">http://saskatoon.kijiji.ca/c-pets-other ... dZ34113391</a><!-- m -->

Brat!

Swtbrat

5 Year Member
Yes I was thinking what makes it rare is it looks like a B&W.
lol.gif

Brat!

ApriliaRufo

5 Year Member
This is an example of the "sucker theory". If you look closely you can see the red's tail. People don't realize you can adopt a rescue for somewhere between free and 30 bucks. This guy is looking for an idiot, not a sale. It comes with a cage. Maybe it's gold plated. Lol.

playlboi

5 Year Member
i don't know. the red doesn't look like a red. it doesn't even look like a BW. it looks like it has some kind of olive green tint to it though. lol

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Price: $1,500.00

Looks like nornal BnWs, however I have seen that cross that looked the same as normals.

I say scam, 110%. I would also bet they came from bert if they are crossed, last time I heard his price was 175.00. Big jump in the dough there. :roll:

Bigdogg

5 Year Member
Well might not be a whole lot of Tegu's in Canada. Have to think everything cost more there usually. Hence why the price is so high.

snakehandler

5 Year Member
Bigdogg said:
Well might not be a whole lot of Tegu's in Canada. Have to think everything cost more there usually. Hence why the price is so high.

i think it would be cheaper to drive down to the states to buy one.

COWHER

5 Year Member
i have seen, locally, adult black and white tegus going for $250 so he is selling a adult black and white and a ugly "red" so even at the prices mentioned before thats $500 then that enclosure looks nice and i bet he spent a lot on it and maybe he had some one build it for him. so say he spent $700 on it thats still $1200 and thats being pretty unreasonable so I don't know what he is thinking asking $1500 maybe he hurt his head... :roll:

KoreanDeathKid

5 Year Member
i've seen a black and white pair for $600 around here,
but it does comes with a big enclosure, they do look healthy, but the price is too high

nat

5 Year Member
Tegus are "rare" in Canada in that they are only now becoming available through pet stores and unless you are internet savvy and know what reptile communities to look through, you are going to have a very difficult time finding one.

I wouldn't classify them as rare, but certainly potentially difficult to find and certainly limited in quantities. The guy posting probably isn't aware of how available they are and could have bought his at a time when they were more expensive and harder to locate. I guess I am playing the devil's advocate. They are certainly over priced though.

nat

5 Year Member
plus I think we could all agree that OUR tegus are certainly worth that dough ha ha... priceless in fact

ApriliaRufo

5 Year Member
I know a particular NorCal place that sells adult reds for 500. Dunno who buys em, but that's what they say. Retarded.

nat

5 Year Member
Its not uncommon for tegu to go for 300 - 500 up here, especially if they are adults. I have only seen those prices offered in the pet stores however and yes they do sell. Most people have no idea that you can go online and locate your own breeder and assume that the pet store tegu is their only option. I know if it was my only option for owning a tegu i might consider it.

eddiezahra

5 Year Member
i'm with nat on this one, tegu prices up here in canada compared to the states are generally double in price from what i've seen
"now if Varnyard shipped to canada......." or do you now? (i hope)lol

ApriliaRufo

5 Year Member
I would charge over 1000x that price and maybe make a sale. but still unlikely. apollo and venus are my children. I don't even let anyone touch them.

Little Wise Owl

5 Year Member
They're not really rare here... Most pet stores carry them and all the reptile stores have them too. They only go rare when I'm going to get one. THEN they're all sold out :) Fun times.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Yea, they are not rare here either, at any given time I can go into my yard and see a bunch of them. Well, all but in winter... :lol: :lol: :lol:

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
It looks like the seller lowered the price to $500, which isn't AS bad, but still....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980