• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Rare Four-eyed Turtle Hatches At The Tennessee Aquarium

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://reptilenews.blogspot.com/2007/06/rare-four-eyed-turtle-hatches-at.html">http://reptilenews.blogspot.com/2007/06 ... es-at.html</a><!-- m -->

A 2007 news story for those turtle people out there!

ColdThirst

5 Year Member
China is the world leader in making things extinct to make stupid "medicines" that dont work, they just think they do. And theres such high demand for them because of its population the huge cash flow fuels poachers all over the world and especially china to over hunt an animal to extinciton like the tiger and so on. I watched a 2 hour documantry on it the other night and it made me sick. But back to the point, I have never heard of that turtle before and I know now why, theres only 18 left in the world that they know of! Thats crazy. and they shoulf have shown a picture of the adult one also so a person could see the things on a bigger scale.

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Did you hear about how we believe the Yangtze River dolphin is now extinct?

ColdThirst

5 Year Member
DZLife said:

Are those the white ones that live in the Amazon river, and China is extremely polluted and no environmental protection agencys there.

shiftylarry

5 Year Member
No @%#&! They tried in vain to breed these animals in captivity with zero success. They dammed the river with the largest man made dam in history! They displaced more than 20 million people and sunk entire ancient civilizations with new forms of writing that will never ever be seen again in the history of humanity.

AHHHHHHH!!!! I just want to explode!

shiftylarry

5 Year Member
There isn't enough space in zoos for all these endangered species. Get ready for a mass extinction over the next 50 years.

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
It is really upsetting....
I can't count how many reports I have done on critically endangered animals only to find out a year or so alter that they were gone...

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
ColdThirst said:
DZLife said:

Are those the white ones that live in the Amazon river, and China is extremely polluted and no environmental protection agencys there.

I think that is the one you are referring to. They are a fresh water species. They have very long snouts. They are sometimes pink in color.
Oh, and China DOES have organizations that were trying to restore them, but they were waayyy too late.

nat

5 Year Member
China is the largest purchaser of black market animal products, (followed by the United States) and although I am not too surprised that the government has not done anything about it internally, I am very surprised that the rest of the world seems to lax about it. I know its a growing economic force to be reckoned with but only because people have given it that economy (more often than not, the products we buy say "made in china" on it). I am still flabbergasted that the Olympics are going to be held there despite the multiple human rights infractions occuring and the state of the environment and wildlife. I was watching an undercover report a little while ago and it wasn't that hard to buy tiger meat in the resturaunts. :shhe

nat

5 Year Member
yes indeed... I was just particularly surprised about the Tiger due to the overwhemling global support and attention on the species and its endangered status.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
It’s_me