• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Quick Feeding Question?

hndrsnbrn

5 Year Member
How many times a day should I be feeding my baby tegu? I have heard some people say once and others twice. Any suggestions on this.

GOT_TEGUS

5 Year Member
hi bro I feed once a day . both adults and hatchlings. but you can feed them twice a day wouldnt hurt them.
JD

hndrsnbrn

5 Year Member
Can anybody help me with another issue. I have had to feed him in his cage since I got him yesterday. He will have nothing to do with me. I cant even touch him without him freaking out. I did a no no this morning and dug him out of his hide because I had not seen him in over 12 hours. What else can I do to get him to calm down. I put my hand in there like Bobby said and he began to whip me with his tale and tried to bite. Please help I don't know what to do.

Tux

5 Year Member
put him in a rubbermaid, pop in a movie, put your hand at the opposite end of said container, chill.

hndrsnbrn

5 Year Member
I would love to get him in the rubbermaid container I have for him, but I can not even pick him up to get him out of the cage. He will thrash with his tale and try to bite. The tank I have opens from the front, so I can't sneak up on him to get him out. I have left my hand in the tank for hours and he will not even come close. I will keep trying, any others words of advice?

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
hndrsnbrn said:
Can anybody help me with another issue. I have had to feed him in his cage since I got him yesterday. He will have nothing to do with me. I cant even touch him without him freaking out. I did a no no this morning and dug him out of his hide because I had not seen him in over 12 hours. What else can I do to get him to calm down. I put my hand in there like Bobby said and he began to whip me with his tale and tried to bite. Please help I don't know what to do.
You just got him yesterday. Leave him alone. He's probably scared. Give him a few days to settle in.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu