• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Questions HELP!

PinkPunisher

5 Year Member
OK so i might be able to pick up a 6'x2.5'x3' (lxwxh) broken fish tank. I realize these aren't the greatest cages but how long would it last? with/without hibernating please.

The tank has no bottom pane of glass so i was wondering what can i do to protect the wooden bottom? It's supposedly has been painted with a outdoor paint and i shouldn't worry but better to be safe with a tank this big then to have the stand give in some day while I'm at school :shock: I'm obivously going to have a substrate and i was thinking something like a mix of cypress mulch and eco-earth or something along those lines, now should i worry about liquids seeping down through the sub into the wooden bottom or will the substrate suck it up? Also I'm planning on laying down some tiles to protect the wood from a digging tegu :p .

Also its going to be a Argentine Black & White Tegu.

Spencer

AB^

5 Year Member
That size cage will last you quite a while,
If it were me I would get another piece of glass, or plexi or lexan for the bottom and use aquarium sealant (they sell it in most pet/fish stores) and use that to hold it in place

Toby_H

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
GE I Silicone for Windows and Doors to seal around animals ;) was just using it tonight to glue bulkheads in some fish tanksÃ?Æ?Ã?â??Ã?â??Ã?¢Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¡Ã?â??Ã?¬Ã?Æ?ââ?¬Å¡Ã?â??Ã?¦

GEII looks better on paper but doesnÃ?Æ?Ã?â??Ã?â??Ã?¢Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¡Ã?â??Ã?¬Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¾Ã?â??Ã?¢t live up to itÃ?Æ?Ã?â??Ã?â??Ã?¢Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¡Ã?â??Ã?¬Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¾Ã?â??Ã?¢s original in the fieldÃ?Æ?Ã?â??Ã?â??Ã?¢Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¡Ã?â??Ã?¬Ã?Æ?ââ?¬Å¡Ã?â??Ã?¦ I suspect they developed GEI, then found a cheaper way to make it and brought you GEIIÃ?Æ?Ã?â??Ã?â??Ã?¢Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¡Ã?â??Ã?¬Ã?Æ?ââ?¬Å¡Ã?â??Ã?¦ but they still make the good stuff to keep the educated customersÃ?Æ?Ã?â??Ã?â??Ã?¢Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¡Ã?â??Ã?¬Ã?Æ?ââ?¬Å¡Ã?â??Ã?¦

The stuff for Kitchen and Bath has an anti-fungal agent in it that is ammonia based and this will leach out of the silicone over timeÃ?Æ?Ã?â??Ã?â??Ã?¢Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¡Ã?â??Ã?¬Ã?Æ?ââ?¬Å¡Ã?â??Ã?¦ But honestly for a lizard cage I donÃ?Æ?Ã?â??Ã?â??Ã?¢Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¡Ã?â??Ã?¬Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¾Ã?â??Ã?¢t see how this would be a bad thingÃ?Æ?Ã?â??Ã?â??Ã?¢Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¡Ã?â??Ã?¬Ã?Æ?ââ?¬Å¡Ã?â??Ã?¦ in fish tanks the ammonia leaches into the water and causes all sorts of headachesÃ?Æ?Ã?â??Ã?â??Ã?¢Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¡Ã?â??Ã?¬Ã?Æ?ââ?¬Å¡Ã?â??Ã?¦ But Windows and Doors is always a winnerÃ?Æ?Ã?â??Ã?â??Ã?¢Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¡Ã?â??Ã?¬Ã?Æ?ââ?¬Å¡Ã?â??Ã?¦

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T.C.