• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Questions and New

Ashleigh

5 Year Member
Hi everyone, I'm new here from Canada, 21 female and names Ashleigh.

I've been researching about tegu's everyday for the past 5 months, but I have a few questions about red tegu's.

Do they hibernate? I can't seem to find out if they do or not. If they do how long do they hibernate for.

If someone could let me know I'd really appreciate it. The one I'm interested in I believe is trying to hibernate since he doesn't eat and sleeps A LOT and isn't eating anything for a couple of weeks.

Also the one I'm interested in is red on his back and tail, but his head isn't red. Will it get red as he gets older? he just turned 1 year old.

Thanks
Ashleigh

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member

Ashleigh

5 Year Member
Alright thank-you.

Should I still offer him food when I buy him?
I offered him eggs and a mouse the other day but he turned his nose away from it.

He flicks his tongue when he walks and is very active.

nope he doesn't look like that one. Really red on his back and tail.

Whats something I can do to help him shed since he isn't eating right now.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
If he doesn't want to eat don't force it. He'll eat when he wants.

You can give him very warm (90-95 degrees) baths once or twice a week. You'll have to add hot water often to keep the temp up. Use a TempGun to be sure it's just the right temp.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029