• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Question on amount of time spent interacting/working/bonding with Tegu.

Teigu

Hello,

In an earlier post, I posted a picture of my Tegu with a little scar on her head. I got her checked out and she is healthy and the scar is healing up just fine :)

I just wanted to know if the amount of time I'm spending with my Tegu is enough to keep her as sweet and docile as she is now.

On the weekends I'm able spend at least 4-5 hours + either being in the presence of my Tegu or letting the Tegu free roam my bed supervised. She mainly just crawls up onto me and relaxes, and the cool part is my bedroom window allows the sun to shine direct sunlight onto my bed and bedroom.

The downside is I work from 10:00 am - 7:00 pm Monday - Friday. I'm able spend about an hour in the morning giving food/water and cleaning poop out of her cage.

And when I come home from work I let her sleep on my bed if she isn't already asleep.

Is the time spent interacting on the weekends enough to make up for the hiatus of quality time spent during the weekdays?

Thanks.

-Chris

tegu.crz

We have only had our female a few weeks. We spend about the same amount of time with Chili. She has become more and more friendly each passing week. Hope this helps. :)

tegu.crz

This being our first tegu we have been pleasantly surprised at how quickly she has warmed up to us and continued to develop a bond. She is an adult and was cared for well before us but I don't think she got much hands on time previously.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu