• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Question about ground meat order from hare today

TegusRawsome80

5 Year Member
No I suggest you feed a variety of whole prey items including but not limited to rodents, quail/chicks, and invertebrates as well as an appropriate amount of fruit.

chitodadon

1,000+ Post Club
I do he eats quail mice and ground meats

from Samsung Galaxy S3

Everything come with bones and organs in it

from Samsung Galaxy S3

Wat I meant was chanhing my order from the regular gri und meats I get to coarse ground meats

from Samsung Galaxy S3

from Samsung Galaxy S3

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1358435346626.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1358435346626.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 6

TegusRawsome80

5 Year Member
I simply am not a believer in feeding ground meats as a staple food item. However, if you want to that is your choice. Hare today DOES seem better than the ground turkey from Safeway or Costco approach but I still prefer whole prey.

tegus4life

The bones and organs are a plus in my opinion because it gives your tegu nutrients that they wouldn't get from just plain ground meat but be sure you feed a lot of variety and not only one thing.

chitodadon

1,000+ Post Club
Yea ibknow thats my second order I already have mice, griund salmon, venison and more

from Samsung Galaxy S3

I always order from here I was just asking is it ok to use coarse ground because I know its more chunky amd not a fi e ground

from Samsung Galaxy S3

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Course ground is fine, nothing wrong with switching it up every once in a while. I'm sure it would also be easier for them to pick up and eat compared to ground mixes. Depending on the animal and size of chunks anyway.

chitodadon

1,000+ Post Club
Re: RE: Question about ground meat order from hare today

Bubblz Calhoun said:
Course ground is fine, nothing wrong with switching it up every once in a while. I'm sure it would also be easier for them to pick up and eat compared to ground mixes. Depending on the animal and size of chunks anyway.

Thats wat I thought as big ad Godzilla is he has a hard tome grabbing regular ground meats

from Samsung Galaxy S3

Thanks thats all I wanted to know

from Samsung Galaxy S3

tommylee22

I will say the course ground Lamb was a bit to big in some portions of the meat for Biggin when he was 4-5 months old. It had some large joint bones that I just tossed out as Biggin would have a hard time swallowing. I'd stick the ground meats/bone/organs till he's closer to adult size. Godzilla is close to Biggins size if I remember right. I'd say you may be fine if your tegu is around 7months old at 3.5 to 4ft in size.

chitodadon

1,000+ Post Club
Godzilla is almost 3 1/2 feet not

from Samsung Galaxy S3

tommylee22 said:
I will say the course ground Lamb was a bit to big in some portions of the meat for Biggin when he was 4-5 months old. It had some large joint bones that I just tossed out as Biggin would have a hard time swallowing. I'd stick the ground meats/bone/organs till he's closer to adult size. Godzilla is close to Biggins size if I remember right. I'd say you may be fine if your tegu is around 7months old at 3.5 to 4ft in size.

U get any new pics of biggin and yea he a month older than Godzilla

from Samsung Galaxy S3

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I would say the course stuff would be fine. Unless the "chunks" are bigger than the biggest rat he can take he won't have any problems

tommylee22

chitodadon said:
Godzilla is almost 3 1/2 feet not

from Samsung Galaxy S3

tommylee22 said:

U get any new pics of biggin and yea he a month older than Godzilla

from Samsung Galaxy S3

I do and some video of him doing his thing going upstairs. I'll try and remember to post them tonight.

chitodadon

1,000+ Post Club
Yea I definitely want to see Godzilla is looking more silver after each shed

from Samsung Galaxy S3

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu