• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Pygmy Leafs...

ThePHX

5 Year Member
I hardlyyyy take these little ones out and its hard to get a good shot of them because they dont need much light...buttt ill post the only ones i have as of now..
IMG_1129.jpg

IMG_1133.jpg

freakin camera WOULD NOT focus on the cham...
IMG_1140.jpg

They spend a decent amount of time on the floor, heres a darrkk shot of the male

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
Those litttle guys are cool too. I used to feed mine Rolly Pollies and wood lice. Best free food I ever found. They love them too.

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
They are the little bugs well actually they aren't buggs. But any way they get under wood and bricks and stuff in your yard. Just make sure no insecticides have been sprayed near them. They will live in the cage. They will multiply and eat the Chameleon Doody to survive. So they help out in several ways. I think the Chameleon Journal is where I found that info. I'll have to see i. If I still have any links in my favorites. I used to have several really good sites saved. If I can find them. I'll send them to you.

ThePHX

5 Year Member
that sounds greattt, im trying to make everything "natural" so that would be cool to have insects that eat the poop...and not the reptiles :D

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
Glad to be of help. I have spent hours online reading about all kinds of chameleons. I have had Veilds, Jacksons, Melleri, Poroto 3 Horned, Osteletes,Bearded Pygmy, and Mt Meru Jacksons. All of which were very cool and I miss them all. I really enjoy chameleons. They are very rewarding reptiles to keep. But I got Tegus on the brain now. LOL Just waitin on the funds. LOL

ThePHX

5 Year Member
ohh yeah, i have this 250 page book about stump-tails, and im pretty sure im gonna buy petr necas other chameleon book..only problem is..its around 75 bucks :(

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
The more you can learn about them . The better prepared you'll be to breed and raise them. Books are one thing. I feel money isn't wasted on. Never can have too many books or read to many books.

ThePHX

5 Year Member
yeahh, my book collection is definately growing faster than i can read..cant wait for my live foods book to arrive..then itll be free feeders for brian :D

ThePHX

5 Year Member
Yeah, i know what you mean theres soo much to learn..cause there are soo many different aspects of reptile keeping. The only problem ive had is with phoenix worm larvae..i posted a link to my blog where ive been doing my "project" in the feeder section, its itside someones thread about phoenix worms..i want them soo badly...i can taste it

ThePHX

5 Year Member
please do, on the link i have another link to a website that talks a lot about them and how you can basically get them for nothing...just a bucket and food scraps

ThePHX

5 Year Member
not sure what was going on here, its definately the male(close) but about a minute before i took that shot, it looked like the male was on top of the female...butshe was laying on her side not sure if that was mating...orr her waking up from akinesia. BUT can not remember if r.brevis use akinesia...Just dont want to get my hopes up

IMG_1142.jpg

IMG_1145.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu