• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Progres

kurvaface123

When i first saw my tegu, she was in a cage that she could barely move in and they were feeding her only mice. Surprisingly, she wasnt missing any toes. I then asked to hold her and she was very squirmy. I then bought her 1 week later and when the employee was taking her out of her cage, she bit him so hard that he had to go to the hospital. I put her in her cage and she automatically dug herself in her cypress mulch. She stayed there all night and then the next day i held her and she was NOTHING like she was in the store. Now, not even a full month later she COMES to me when i walk into her room. My guess is she was so stressed in that store and now when shes over here, she loves it.

Strange_Evil

5 Year Member
Glad to hear she has taking such a liking to you so quickly.Tegu's are so amazing,i cannot wait to get mine. I am guessing in the store since her enclosure was so small she was stressed and angry,over my time of research for my upcoming gu i read a lot that tegu enclosure size plays a big role on there attitude,so small enclosure = mad tegu , appropriate size or larger enclosure = Happy tegu :) lol. She may have been stressed out from all the people entering and leaving as well. But at least she is with you now and doing great. Keep up the great work.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Congratulations, any pictures of your tegu and her enclosure? How big is she and what are the dimensions of her enclosure?

kurvaface123

the enclosure is pretty big for 1 tegu. It used to be a room and i dont remember the exact dimensions but i remember i measured it before and its big enough for 2 full grown tegus to live in lol. Unfortunatley my camera broke a couple days ago but ill try to post some pics tomorow when it gets back from being repaired :D. I take her for walks around my house and backyard every day for her to get excersize and she really enjoys that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annettekirtont