• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Potty problem...

KSTAR

5 Year Member
hey guys...ive benn noticing that my sub-adult black and white goliath has been going whenever hes roaming around and when hes out his enclosure and this has been going on for about a month now but ive just been monitoring it...what can i do? :?:

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
It's probably do to his increased activity when he's roaming around. When I'm taking my tegus out around the house, this is my routine:
feed on the kitchen floor, quick bath to get the food off and go potty, clean kitchen floor while they are in bath, get tegus out of tub, clean tub. Then I do whatever with the tegus who have usually already pooed in the tub.

ashesc212

5 Year Member
KSTAR said:
hey guys...ive benn noticing that my sub-adult black and white goliath has been going whenever hes roaming around and when hes out his enclosure and this has been going on for about a month now but ive just been monitoring it...what can i do? :?:

It seems normal. My little guy has pooped on my bed twice (gross :shhe ), on the couch cover once, ...everywhere to make a long story short. I need to find out how to train these guys. Anyway, I think it probably is the activity too.

jor71

5 Year Member
LOL, I always give him a bath before letting him out. The only thing he ever did was pee on my hand when getting him to his bin.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I feed them (adults) on the kitchen floor, they poop on the kitchen or dining room floor, they wander around the house. If they get a bath, that comes first.

KSTAR

5 Year Member
well thanks for all your input guys! its greatly appreciated! :-D i guess ill have just have to walk him lol ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029