• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Possible mood swing? Puberty maybe?

BlastedCorpse

So my tegu, Lex, likes to stand tall and arch his back, he even tried to whip me with his tail (which has never happened before) when I try to pet him, he also moves swiftly as if to get away from me. He is in a 40 gallon, has everything he needs to be happy, very very temporarily while I am currently building his adult enclosure. He was fine after a couple days in the 40 gallon, but now he is starting to get mean again....could it be puberty? I honestly wanna sex him/her but he won’t let me pick him up to see. I’m going to let him out and run around and see if he will like tub time. He also jumps at the lights in his cage. They are not too hot, and he just started to recently do this after a couple weeks of these lights being in the cage. I really need to understand why he is acting like this. I know his enclosure isn’t as big as I want it. But he is well taken care of. He is about 3-4 months old I believe, and is about 18-20 inches including tail (he has his full tail still, thank goodness). Any idea what’s going on? (Please don’t tell me I need him in a larger enclosure, I am currently in the process of building him one, and he should be out of his current enclosure soon, thank you for the info though).

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029