• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

possible mbd

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Down the center would probably work best. I have chopped them into pieces before when I was having trouble getting my Melinus to eat.

Jermosh

I like Solarglo as well, although I am partial since Exo-Terra supplies the sanctuary I work at. But they are the cheapest, last pretty long, and have similar UV output then other MVBs. The only issue if you do them online is dealing with returns. Also, its best to use a stand with these, they get very hot, and last longer if they are horizontal, instead of tilted. Tip though, if you turn them off, they will not turn right back on, takes 10mins or so, you would not believe how many people try to return them because of that.

You can buy F/T rodents/chicks online from a few suppliers, Rodentpro is one of the more popular, and if you can fill the box, its really cheap. I can usually fill 2 boxes with my critters every 3 months, but if you only need a few bags of mice and stuff, see if you can find someone else to purchase with. Even if not, I bet you can get a better price and quality then most pet stores will offer, although many reptile stores usually carry Rodentpro or another company product or raise their own.

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
That's a pretty sweet deal, james, lucky you!

In addition to feeding rodents, I'll feed chopped up chicken necks...lots of calcium there. Someone here on the board was doing that. I tried it and was quite happy with it. I found it works better when the temps are high enough for digestion and the bones are chopped. I can feed a whole chicken neck in the summer no problem, but bones when pass when temps drop in the fall.

frost

1,000+ Post Club
iv though of getting some chicken necks. i can get em here for really cheap.plus i get one everytime i make an injected chicken. and since i have a cutlery set i have cleavers =] my new red that i got can take em down no problem i might have to nbreak it up a little for my normal.

tommyboy

Hi Frost. Was wondering how Blizard was doing? Is he/she a 2011extreme? I'm running into the same issue with my little guy. Just starting to wake up and showing definite signs of MBD. Has anything worked for you yet?

frost

1,000+ Post Club
hey tommy. he seems to be doing fine. yeah he a 2011 extreme. i been pumping him with a pinky a week or two and turkey. he moves his limbs alot more now. i think he was just worn out from hibernation.

tommyboy

That's great to hear. I'm going to try the same. It so sad seeing the limbs like that. How big is yours (tegu) now?

frost

1,000+ Post Club
yeah i dont like to see my pets unhealthy. i got a few pics of him ill put them up on his thread.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029