• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Possible Blue Tegu For Sale.

irishenvy4

I have a almost 2 year old blue tegu who has recently out grown her enclosure....great. I don't have the room currently to buy a larger one to fit her needs and am thinking I may need to sell her. She is gorgeous blue grey with quite the personality. She takes some time to get used to people and LOVES roaming around the yard....so much so when she sees me come to bring her back inside she runs away(kinda). She also adores taking showers in warm water.

I don't want to get rid of her but recently she has found away out of her locking cage and scares the hell outta me on a daily basis by showing up on my bed or in my laundry....

I'm not willing to give her up unless i get the right price....and not entirely sure if shipping is an option shes pretty much 3 ft right now.

if any one is interested please let me know.

FYI I live in the sacramento area of California so if you want her and are w/in driving distance thats great!

Attachments

• Photo 1.jpg
    Photo 1.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 60

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I can think of a couple of people further south from you who may be interested. I'm sure they'll let you know when they see this, may be meeting half way would be better than shipping.

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I am in San Diego and would take her in a heart beat!!! No joke, name a price and I can make things work. I wish I was heading up north sometime soon because I would pick her up. If you do sell her please contact me. I am online at least once a day or you can reach me on email at [email protected]. I have been looking for a female blue for years!

got10

Give a price so we have an idea of what you are expecting .If you are looking for the highest bidder thing put a reserve price up or something.

irishenvy4

okay well I talked to the guy at the pet shop and he said adult female tegus go for 900-1100 dollars....to be honest i'm not entirely sure. do you guys think thats too much she is flawless...

Also she would go to the best person for her so the person closest with the best ability to care for her is a must.

Bntegus

500$ to 600$ is more fair just my 2 cents. that is one of the reasons blues aren't breed as much because people want to much money for them.

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I would be willing to do $700 shipped. I know I may not be the closest but ask anyone on the forum here, I love my tegus and they really are family to me.

irishenvy4

okay i thought it was crazy

I just have to check with my boyfriend, he gets back tonight. He may have another solution to the space problem so that we can keep her but I will tell him about all of you and see what he says.

Thanks Guys for being honest I have never sold a tegu before I was just told by the pet store that I had a 900 dollar lizard.

Would you mind telling what sort of enclosure she would have? I just want to know she would be taken care of.

got10

irishenvy4 said:
okay well I talked to the guy at the pet shop and he said adult female tegus go for 900-1100 dollars....to be honest i'm not entirely sure. do you guys think thats too much she is flawless...

Also she would go to the best person for her so the person closest with the best ability to care for her is a must.

She would have to be a snow/ albino AND be currently gravid to fetch anything NEAR that amount of money

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Right now I have an open vision cage that is 6x3, humidity boxes and a dry box along with some tunnels and tubes. I use Powersun MVBs for lighting as well as letting them out each morning for the morning sun. I have a screened in porch area that on my days off I take the reptiles into, nothing beats natural sunlight! Currently none of my tegus like the kiddy pool I had set-up but if she likes the water I would be more than happy to get out again.

Future plan I am working on a large 12x4 foot cage that would house three tegus if they all get along (my male would be seperate so he does not bother the girls too often). In the short term at night because its still warm I let them wander the reptile room while I am home.

I keep lots of fresh foods and frozen whole food on hand anything from ground rabbit, chicken, quail eggs, fruits, fish you name it I love to spoil them.

I do currently have three tegus and a caiman lizard along with two dogs (both dogs are great with the reptiles). I use to be a vet tech and still take my tegu herd to the vet once a year just for a check up. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

TegusRawsome80

5 Year Member
She would be in a 6 by 3 wooden cage during the nights in summer and full time in winter if she didn't hibernate. During the summer, early fall and late spring she would be outdoors during the day in an 8 by 4 by 4 wooden cage.

got10

do tyou have another pic of her . Id'e like to get a better look at her . She looks great I just wish i lived a bit closer

irishenvy4

I can take a few more pictures of her and post them. She is such a pretty tegu I'm really sad I have to sell her. But I think her new owner will take very good care of her. Better than I can do for the time being.

got10

Not too bad of a price. I feel like I got mine for a steal now WOW. But, I lucked out . A guy bought one out from under me on FC and tried to resell it to me for far more than he paid for it .
So the next week I happened to hear about someone breaking up with her BF because he cheated on her.And she was getting rid of ALL his things he left at the apartment. Xbox ps3 clothes you name it .And he had a blue tegu so Instead of $500 she was asking I got her for $200 enclosure included

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu