• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Possible blue tegu addition.

Lunaire

Hi everyone, I am new here and I have some questions. :blush: I may be adopting a blue tegu; the owner says he is about 4+ years old, probably a male and around 2 feet.

Do blue tegu males grow to about 2 feet then?

Thank you in advance. The owner will send me photographs soon and I'll post them as soon as I get them. :)

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Welcome to the site :) their size varies, some smaller or larger than others. But adults usually fall within the 3-4 ft range. When you post the pics folks here will let you know what kind of tegu it is.

Lunaire

Thankyou. 2 feet seems a little small then or is that perfectly normal? Would MBD be an issue? I just want to know what to expect IF I do adopt the little guy. :)

Here are the photographs. The owner got him 4 years ago at a reptile expo, he thinks it may be male but he is unsure. Let me know what you guys think.

P.S
Are blue tegus only obtainable through captive breeding?

[attachment=4428]
[attachment=4429]
[attachment=4430]
[attachment=4431]
[attachment=4432]
[attachment=4433]

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 6
  • photo (1).JPG
    photo (1).JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 5
  • photo (2).JPG
    photo (2).JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 7
  • photo (4).JPG
    photo (4).JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 6
  • photo (3).JPG
    photo (3).JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 6
  • photo (5).JPG
    photo (5).JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 5

tommyboy

That is a very nice blue. I would jump all over it. Looks more like a her to me. Either way it's really nice!

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
It's a good looking female that most wouldn't hesitate to pick up. If it is actually 4yrs old with no jowls or buttons (can't really tell from that pic) it would show more male features if it really was a male. People make mistakes if they don't know what to look for (or just lie) but I picked up a 4yr old male that the owner said was female last year, jowls buttons and all, so,.. it happens.

Lunaire

Bubblz Calhoun said:
It's a good looking female that most wouldn't hesitate to pick up. If it is actually 4yrs old with no jowls or buttons (can't really tell from that pic) it would show more male features if it really was a male.

Thanks Bubblz. Are the temperament on females any different from males? Is 2 feet a healthy size for a female, or will she keep growing?

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
They continue to grow it just slows down and females are usually smaller than males but like most things it varies. Temperaments no different some are more laid back than others, male or female doesn't matter.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hweikel