• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

please help a newbie here

gotz

5 Year Member
i have a baby arg b&w tegu,,it s my firs tegu,,

i use a coco peat for the bedding, and he always digging, sleeping,basking,digging again and sleeping!!!

HE NEVER EAT FOR 2 DAYS,,,,its normal??

nb:in my country tegu do not hibernation

sry for bad english

Schnab

5 Year Member
Welcome to the forum! Todays the first day of spring, so your tegu should be eating sometime soon. March is the period where tegus wake up from hibernation and usually don't eat normally until April.

When did you get your tegu? And how long is it?

gotz

5 Year Member
its 12 inch,,

but in my country tegu do not hibernation,because no winter in my country,,,

gotz

5 Year Member
i get it from petshop in indonesian,,because i live in indonesia

so they still try to hibernate??
but my friend tegu still eat much today,,,and mine just eat 2 cricket today,, :( :(

crimsonrazac

5 Year Member
Most tegus hibernate even in warm weather. But your so close to the equator I don't know when it would hibernate. It might just be stessed If you limit interaction to feeding everyday for a week or so it might help.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T.C.