• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Pics, pics, pics, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jmiles50

5 Year Member
Ordering a White Head phase from Varnyard. I've seen a few pics, and those pics were amaing. Those few pics are why I'm ordering one, but I'm wondering if EVERYONE can share pics of their White Head phase :?: ;)

mr.tegu

5 Year Member
LizardDec08028.jpg

LizardDec08026.jpg

THIS IS MY ARGENTINE BLACK AND WHITE ABOUT 2 MONTHS OLD 17-18 INCHES ALREADY

jmiles50

5 Year Member
Those are gorgeous babies, but I'm just looking for pics of white head phase:) Maybe I'll start another post to just show of your favorite pics!

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I am not big on pushing the whole white head phase tegus, I have had whiter tegus as they were younger turn darker with age, I have also had darker young tegus turn lighter with age. The whole white head thing was a ploy to make more money on normal animals. Normal tegus can range in color from very dark to very light and every shade in between, where do we draw the line on what is a white head and what is not?

I will say this, The giants do seem to get more lighter with age, and they have shown more white then any of the so-called white heads. Here is what I am talking about:

be7.jpg

be6.jpg

DSCN3547.jpg

teguseptember.jpg

The normal higher whites might not hold that high white color as they age, or they might, however I do not guarantee color on tegus, they can change colors and are polymorphic. Here are some normals showing color change:

2246363620033952798XEDQPr_fs.jpg

Now:
2818965900033952798sVGOvZ_fsz.jpg

Anotheryearling.jpg

Now:
DSCN4238.jpg

DSCN3426.jpg

Now:
DSCN4253.jpg

I do have white head adults, but I will not guarantee that the babies will be white heads, I will pick out a nice baby, but I cannot say what color it will be as an adult:
Whiteheads.jpg

Frost_2.jpg

female2_017.jpg

BnWm.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029