• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Pics of our new Tegu

Tensleep

DSC00060.jpg
[/img]
DSC00062.jpg
[/img]
DSC00069.jpg
[/img]
DSC00070.jpg
[/img]
DSC00071.jpg
[/img]

Thanks for the help WiseOwl!

Tensleep

Riplee said:
Nice cage and nice tegu``
Thanks Riplee, We got him over the weekend from his previous owner who was relocating out of state. This is one of Bobby's from BlizzardxSugar 2009. If you notice in the second picture where you can see his entire body, his tail is not symmetrical. The fatty deposit is a bit irregular and just below it his tail tends to turn to his left. His previous enclosure was very dry as he still has not shed the lower portion of his tail. His new enclosure is kept at over 70% humidity and I have given a few tub soaks to facilitate the shed. Have you any experience with this symptom? Could it be dehydration, malnutrition, or birth related. The previous owner had him under a Powersun UV lamp and stated he took him out in natural sunlight often. He also had other reptiles and bred his own rodents. He seemed knowledgable. Anyway, We are giving him our best and awaiting another Extreme from Bobby in July/August. Thanks again

Tensleep

DSC00074.jpg
[/img]
This is how it works. Top is hinged. larger side door allows for entry to change bedding etc... smaller door is to let him come out on his own. Thanks

Strange_Evil

5 Year Member
Beautiful tegu, and great cage. The cage looks really familiar, i saw it ounce on here i think. Was there some sort of feeding area attached by the door? Great cage and tegu though, good luck with him!

Tensleep

Gandolf38 said:
Wow! He is beautiful, and what an awesome cage that is! Did you make it?
No I didn't build it. I acquired it from the previous owner. I think it is a great design for any large reptile. I would only change one thing to make it better.

Strange_Evil said:
Beautiful tegu, and great cage. The cage looks really familiar, i saw it ounce on here i think. Was there some sort of feeding area attached by the door? Great cage and tegu though, good luck with him!
Yes you probably did see it before if it looks familiar. The previous owner bought him from Bobby. I don't know if the previous owner was a member on this site but very well may have been. He told me that he has met Bobby before, so it is most likely you are right. The enclosure has/had an attached feeding area located to the side with the doors. When I took it home and set it up I decided not to use it. The enclosure takes up a lot of room already and the feeding area added almost another 2 feet two the length. It is not needed as I feed him on a plate outside and feel the cage looks better without it. Thanks

DSC00077.jpg
[/img]
DSC00078.jpg
[/img]

Man! I wish I could just lie around all day. Who really has it better; Us or them? Life is so unfair.

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Awesome enclosure, what is his hide made of? I need to get new hides for one of my tegus but its hard to find things that look decent that he can fit in...
Gorgeous tegu! Congrats!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu