• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

pics of arg b&w and custom enclosure

lotsareps

5 Year Member
someone got me one of those dreaded hot rocks. i haven't taken it out of the box but i'm thinking if i cut the cord and using it as a rock to bask on for young beardies or something

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
lotsareps said:
someone got me one of those dreaded hot rocks. i haven't taken it out of the box but i'm thinking if i cut the cord and using it as a rock to bask on for young beardies or something

That will work, and be much safer then plugging it up. ;)

mr.tegu

5 Year Member
thanks for the replies, i randomly check the surface temp of the hot rock with my heat gun, it runs about 110-120 kinda hot i guess be its his/her/ favorite place to hang out. But BOBBY if you think i need to unplug it i will because my other basking spot is perfect temp so i wouldnt miss it

mr.tegu

5 Year Member
rock unplugged,redecorated taking a bunch of logs out due to rapid growth,eating me out of house and home,calcium w/o D3,vits,everythings still good and GROWING!!

mr.tegu

5 Year Member
well my tegu ate his first full grown mouse today at about 2 1/2 to 3 months old. my tegu was about 9 inches when i got it in late october 08. so in 2 months i have weaned it from insects, to full grown mice. CRAZY HUH!! he/she is about 25 inches long, 3 inches wide. i will post some pics in a few days so you all can see the growth rate from about 3 weeks ago when these enclosure pics were taken.

LouDog760

5 Year Member
Awesome cage bro! I'm gonna try to build a cage the size as yours. How much did it cost to build this if you don't mind me asking?

mr.tegu

5 Year Member
hey bro thanks for the compliment on the cage, it cost just about 300 dollars, but i accidently bought oak corner bead and molding at 1.50 a foot so you could build it for around 250.00 i bet if you get the 0.35 a foot corner bead and molding.

mr.tegu

5 Year Member
to be honest the only major tool i used was a skill-saw. you can rent them daily at home depot/lowes if you dont own one. let me know if you have any questions about it, and the doors for most people seem to be a struggle. just make sure everything is square and plum first and its super easy.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T.C.