• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Picky eater !

mrcleansheet

my 9 month old tegu ever since i got him as been a very picky eater , when i try giving him a pinkie , he acts as if hes scared of it , the only things i have been able too get him to eat is scrambled egg , ground turkey and chicken , grapes and on occasion a superworm . He has never been a fan of crickets . is the diet good ? i want any tips or anything to help with this pleease !

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Try roaches, tilapia filets, chicks, chicken gizzards and hearts. How are you offering the pinky? At 9 months he should be big enough for rat pups. Try putting them on a plate with ground turkey and see if he will eat them.

mrcleansheet

the only problem with roaches and chicks , is its sooo hard to find them anywhere were i live , i try everything with the pink with tongs in his cage outta his cage , with the eggs , and he took it once , hes only about 20inches , and ill try a rat pup or a fuzzie for somthing diffrent the net time i go get some !

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Tilapia filets and chicken gizzards and hearts can be found at most grocery stores. Roaches can be ordered online for fairly cheap. Chicks you can get at rodentpro.com but it isn't cost effective unless you order a bunch of stuff from them.

mrcleansheet

here are a couple pics showing his size !
mrcleansheet said:
here are a couple pics showing his size !

james.w said:
Tilapia filets and chicken gizzards and hearts can be found at most grocery stores. Roaches can be ordered online for fairly cheap. Chicks you can get at rodentpro.com but it isn't cost effective unless you order a bunch of stuff from them.

does rodentpro ship to canada ?

Attachments

• 100_6365.JPG
    100_6365.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 6
  • 100_6366.JPG
    100_6366.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 5

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
He's too big for pinkies,.. he should be on mice or rat pups. You can cut them a little,.. it helps when they taste the blood. You can also try waiting and not feeding him for a couple of days before offering something new. Sometimes when they're hungry,.. they are less likely to refuse food.

If you haven't checked it out already the Tegu Article section has a lot of important info,. here's a food list to start with.

http://www.tegutalk.com/showthread.php?tid=6452#axzz1TRbpJhel

mrcleansheet

hes only 19-20inches , but ill try somthing diffrent , and yes i have read alll that , and i have also waited up to 4 days before offering him somthing diffrent !

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erectus