• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Outside year round.

boxers1997

I live in the NE side of Houtson, Texas and my b&w is being housed outside perminantly. What is the greatest tactic with success anyone has had with keeping temps up during the winter? At night the temps can flux from 70-30 degrees from now till the end of March/ mid April so it can get pretty cold.

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I have a pair that is living outside now. I'm wondering if I will be able to keep them out all winter. When they were in the garage, temps stayed 50 or higher. The enclosure is built up against the wall facing west. That area doesn't get frost, the hides are covered, they have some room to dig, and it is protected from wind. If I need to I can put some heat pads out there. I have used ZooMed's habitat heater for my Sulcata and there are other pet heating mats available. I just don't want to warm them up too much. It seems that they will be hibernating soon.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T.C.