• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Out door enclosure

beardeddragon111

I've talked about it a lot and haven't really gotten to do it, but now I have a good chance to get the tegu outdoors this summer. Down here in Alabama we have a really nice environment for the tegu. We had some turkeys that lived outdoors and don't have them anymore and now are left with this enclosure. Of course it's In no condition for a tegu right now, chicken wire, not floor, etc. But I was wondering if any of you think it's of use? Or should instant from scratch? The frame is made of 1x6s and I don't know if that's good enough to keep a tegu in. Ours in particular is destructive so I may just start new anyway
55796e1c7f8eea3dd54542d7f6c4f3cf.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
If it's sturdy and easy for you to retrieve tegu, looks good to me. For ease on your part, might considet a walk-in.

Zyn

Looks fine look at underground reptiles outdoor enclosure video looks about the same. Only
Thing to consider is having part of it covered for shade and maybe make it dig proof so they can't dig out

beardeddragon111

Looks fine look at underground reptiles outdoor enclosure video looks about the same. Only
Thing to consider is having part of it covered for shade and maybe make it dig proof so they can't dig out
I'm thinking I'll build a base under it to provide some shade and enough high for me to walk in. Gonna cover the whole thing in a layer of welded wire as well because I know he'll tire through chicken wire.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk