• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Our Newest Addition! Big Red Bertha! :)

bwiegmann

I had to post pics of our newest addition! (I think its a female but still to small to tell) She is a little beat up, you can tell she was not in the best of situations, but now shes out of there and doing great! shes missing many toes and the tip of her tail, she had mouth rot when I first got her as well. I have treated her and she is healing up really well and is turning out to be a real beauty! I have a thing for injured or misfit tegus lol Bernie had a broken arm when we got him too :) I'm just glad i can help them and give them the home they deserve! Here are some pics of her! (shes on aspen temporarily, the cypress was sticking to her wounds, also too moist, the aspen is much drier and the vet said better for her while she is healing. She is getting daily soaks and being monitored closely while shedding to ensure it is all coming off and not restricting bloodflow)
bertha1.jpg IMAG0481.jpg IMAG0482.jpg IMAG0487.jpg

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
She looks great! Congrats on the new addition and kudos for adopting her! :)

bwiegmann

She is more red than most ive seen. I just got lucky but I know some breeders do sell high reds or blood reds but you wont know till they grow up. Even a baby from two very red parents wont be garunteed to be that vibrant. Best bet is to get a juvi that is showing great coloration.

bwiegmann

I only paid 229 for her becsuse of the condition she was in usually one her size will run 350ish I didn't even feel comfortable with what they charged me but I wanted to get her out of there. She was in real bad shape.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980