• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

our goden tegu

chriz

5 Year Member
P5180048.jpg

my missus little guy but he's not 2 frindly. that y i think she is leaving it 2 me 2 tame him lol he bites a lot n boy dont my fingers know it lol. . .

angelrose

5 Year Member
hi chriz ... pretty, pretty gold ! I like them as well.

TIME !

let him watch you giving the water, misting ...etc.
the more you force yourself on him the more he is going to fight you.

chriz

5 Year Member
i wont force him at all. he runs out of his hide just 2 bite me lol am gonna give him all the time he needs. i came home from work the other wk n there he was in my empty viv just looking out the glass at me the missus was just sat there with a grin on her face he was fine the first time i put my hand in then next day when was putting him in feeding bin he bit me lol n he's carry on that way snice. but he's here now n he's staying n thank u 4 your comments he is very pretty gold . they have another at the reptile shop we use but that 1 is very dull in colour so we got the better 1 ..... only down side is cant get the blue tongue skink that i wanted now .but alls good

chriz

5 Year Member
was told 3 months he is very small hes 14" from tip of nose 2 tip of tail he 8.4g's will b cheking his weight every 2 wk's but he eats well so have no problems there

chriz

5 Year Member
hay i just realised there is a cricket in the pic . dont know how that got there !!! as dont feed him in viv .

angelrose

5 Year Member
maybe that's it ...he's hungry. what do you feed him ? he looks like a 'tiger' lizard. lol
I love his look.

chriz

5 Year Member
been feeding him on crickets, king millworms, small hoppers, pinkies, n he had a little bit of boilded egg . he feeds well i always put more in his bin once he,s eaten whats in there so he getting lots of food he has put a garm of weight since we have had him. but i do see what u mean i thought that myself he,s had vet check him over took him with me last wk when i took my female red in

chriz

5 Year Member
P5180058.jpg
P5180059.jpg
P5180060.jpg
P5180062.jpg
P5180045.jpg
he's having a good day 2 day he came out walked up my arm n didnt hiss or bite . can only hope he's gonna keep his new found mood. wud it have ne thing 2do with i left my t shirt in his viv with my sent on it . it's something ive done past with my ti beauty snake as when i got him thats all he done was bite . n it worked with him but the only thing is im the only person that can handel the snake ne body else trys gets bitten but with me he's completly calm .

angelrose

5 Year Member
awesome pics ! who would believe that such a cute thing would bite. lol. taking really good care of him. he's got a cute lil' belly now.

chriz

5 Year Member
i cant wait till he's bigger hoping he gonna stay in a good mood n how fast r they when this small u blink n he is gone lol he knows every inch of our front room now !!!

angelrose

5 Year Member
I hope he stays in a good mood for you too. did he ever find any really, really good hiding place on you yet ?

mine did; I had to trash my sofa recently.

chriz

5 Year Member
lol he managed 2 get in the air vent in our front room n was gonne 4 abont 3 hours i sat up till 1am waiting 4 him 2 come back out. the vent is now reptile safe thought we had lost him as the vent is old n dont have a clue where it goes apart from along the inside of wall!!!

Nero

5 Year Member
Mine will go under my tv stand and its a PAIN to get him out. I have to bribe my tegu with food and now hes starting to catch on. They are smarter than we think!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980