• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

OUCH!

Swtbrat

5 Year Member
I got my first reptile bite and it was from my adult Indonesian.
It was totally my fault but it still hurt and was bleeding. :cry:

Wiggles was out free roaming but I had to get him back in his cage so I could go to the store.I found him under my couch and he usually stays put till I get him but yesterday he decided to play hide and seek and kept running away.I was getting frustrated so <dummy> me reaches under and feels around for him and I get him like around his waist and tried to pull him out and he turned and bite my ring finger.I didn't let him go and got him out.
He had no idea what or who was grabbing him so he did what a BTS would do when grabbed in a dark place.

I had a long talk with him and I am pretty sure he never meant to bite Mommy. :roll:

He has never even attempted to bite me and he is with me a lot and even sleeps beside me when I watch tv at night but now I am a little nervous since he has bitten me will he bite again?Only Wiggles knows for sure.
He looks so innocent now.

Brat!

Wiggles3.jpg

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Our baby BTS bit be a few times when he was younger. It's surprising how much jaw pressure they have, even when a couple of months old!!

I've reached under the couch or a cabinet to pull out our Tegu's a few of times. That's really asking for trouble but they didn't bite me. They usually just wander around and go under things to explore, but when they cool off or get tired they will hide under something. When I try to pull them out, they arch their back to wedge themselves in. One time I had to put the couch up on blocks to get one out!

MMRR - jif

5 Year Member
My baby BTS hasn't bitten me yet but he's threatened. It's pretty funny because he's only 3 inches long from nose to the tip of the tail. LOL

One of the worst bites I've ever received was from a Prehensile Tailed skink. That bugger caught me right on the ring finger, directly across the middle of the nail and it hurt like a son of a gun. I was in the process of packing her up to ship her out and was in a hurry. I slapped a bandaid on the bleeding finger and ran out to UPS. I had to use their computers to generate my own shipping label and I was bleeding all over the keyboard. I'm sure they were thrilled with that

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980