• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

One more shot, KAHNOAH, my new blue

Steven.

So for those of you that dont know, i had to sell blue beard on 9/10 because of this. Basically on the night of 9/9 morning of 9/10, a neighborhood theif broke into my aunts house. After he jumped the fence, cut through the screen mesh he jumped through the back window into the kitchen. Only to run into smoke, my aunts 8 year old german shepherd. Unfortunately, while defending the household smoke was stabbed 8 times. To save the life of Smoke, i made a decision on selling blue and putting my new car on hold to help with the vet bill. I miss blue a lot but to save the life of a dog that saved my family was no decision in my mind. As of 9/12, smoke is home and even though he still not 100% yet, he now choose the kitchen to sleep in. He's a great dog and only god knows what wouldve happened if he was there that night.

-Now that i got my paycheck and i have a hole in my heart that needed to be filled, i called back my contact and bought another baby blue. He was hatched on aug. 28. making him exactly 2 weeks old today. As always, very healthy baby, nice and fat belly and timid. Which to me is a good sign of health. I'm not gonna feed him today, only because i want him to settle in. He's been roaming the 40 gallon for the whole day, napping and basking as he pleases. He's super tiny, a little shy of 9 inches.. It's crazy how fast he's gonna grow outta this thing. But i think blues grow a little bit slower than b&w and reds, so i got some time. As usually he runs like crazy when someone walks in my room and when you open the top of the cage. But when i put my hand infront of him and pick him up, he calms down. I like buying lizards at this age because they are easy to handle, and tame down quicker. The only issue is catching them lol. ANYWAYS ON TO THE PICTURES!!!

2012-09-18100937.jpg

2012-09-18100946.jpg

2012-09-18100958.jpg

[size=large]His name is kahnoah, or kahno [/size]for short. Feel free to ask questions and comment as you please. Thank you.

chitodadon

1,000+ Post Club
U r a great person on wat u did for the family.dog I wishbu the best and I.know this blue tegu will grow good luck

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Deep story man, I had a rottweiler that passed away at 13 due to a car accident. He was loyal and a friend, that's for sure. Good luck with Kahno, I wish you all the best.

chriswizz

5 Year Member
Steven. said:
So for those of you that dont know, i had to sell blue beard on 9/10 because of this. Basically on the night of 9/9 morning of 9/10, a neighborhood theif broke into my aunts house. After he jumped the fence, cut through the screen mesh he jumped through the back window into the kitchen. Only to run into smoke, my aunts 8 year old german shepherd. Unfortunately, while defending the household smoke was stabbed 8 times. To save the life of Smoke, i made a decision on selling blue and putting my new car on hold to help with the vet bill. I miss blue a lot but to save the life of a dog that saved my family was no decision in my mind. As of 9/12, smoke is home and even though he still not 100% yet, he now choose the kitchen to sleep in. He's a great dog and only god knows what wouldve happened if he was there that night.

-Now that i got my paycheck and i have a hole in my heart that needed to be filled, i called back my contact and bought another baby blue. He was hatched on aug. 28. making him exactly 2 weeks old today. As always, very healthy baby, nice and fat belly and timid. Which to me is a good sign of health. I'm not gonna feed him today, only because i want him to settle in. He's been roaming the 40 gallon for the whole day, napping and basking as he pleases. He's super tiny, a little shy of 9 inches.. It's crazy how fast he's gonna grow outta this thing. But i think blues grow a little bit slower than b&w and reds, so i got some time. As usually he runs like crazy when someone walks in my room and when you open the top of the cage. But when i put my hand infront of him and pick him up, he calms down. I like buying lizards at this age because they are easy to handle, and tame down quicker. The only issue is catching them lol. ANYWAYS ON TO THE PICTURES!!!

2012-09-18100937.jpg

2012-09-18100946.jpg

2012-09-18100958.jpg

[size=large]His name is kahnoah, or kahno [/size]for short. Feel free to ask questions and comment as you please. Thank you.

wow thats a great story, your a hero in my book, poor smoke though, but at least hes here to tell the tail, that blues gonna grow pretty quick, mine hit 4ft in 2 years.

Steven.

I can't wait chris. George's blue is what got me to get a blue and then sobek sealed the deal with the white. Btw can you post some pics of george chris?.. I cant get enough...lol

TeguBuzz said:
Deep story man, I had a rottweiler that passed away at 13 due to a car accident. He was loyal and a friend, that's for sure. Good luck with Kahno, I wish you all the best.

Thanks bro. Means a lot coming from a fellow blue owner

Logie_Bear

Aw, that's an amazingly sweet story. I'm glad Smoke is doing well and I hope Blue Beard is in a happy home. Your new baby is adorable. I never really hear of folks breeding pure blues. Do you mind if I ask where you've gotten yours?

Steven.

Logie_Bear said:
Aw, that's an amazingly sweet story. I'm glad Smoke is doing well and I hope Blue Beard is in a happy home. Your new baby is adorable. I never really hear of folks breeding pure blues. Do you mind if I ask where you've gotten yours?

I got kahno from javier in miami. He's been in the breeding business for quite sometime now.

Steven.

Its amazing how these guys turn out to be the brightest of whites when it comes to tegus. They are so dark as babies, the only way you can actually see the green on these guys is under the basking light. All the black goes and the green turns to white.. what a transformation... It still blows my mind..

Steven.

Ok. So i have a question. My intentions with kahno is to breed him. So do you guys think i should get a baby female or should i wait till kahno grows up a little and then get the female?..

sent from my phone to your eyes

KABIKANO

Steven. said:
Ok. So i have a question. My intentions with kahno is to breed him. So do you guys think i should get a baby female or should i wait till kahno grows up a little and then get the female?..

If you're prepared for another one now, go for it! Why wait? Right? If u ready, u ready! Yeah dat!!!

Steven.

Re: RE: One more shot, KAHNOAH, my new blue

KABIKANO said:
Steven. said:

If you're prepared for another one now, go for it! Why wait? Right? If u ready, u ready! Yeah dat!!!

Not yet.. Maybe next year ill pick up a little female.. Hopefully

Logie_Bear

Just remember a female will take longer to reach sexual maturity than a male. You may wanna go with a yearling girl while the boy is younger?

KABIKANO

Steven. said:
KABIKANO said:
Steven. said:

Not yet.. Maybe next year ill pick up a little female.. Hopefully

You just answered your own question playboy! Just wait til next year then lol! Unless your question was about picking up a baby or an older female. If thats your question, then I say pick up a baby. After speaking with you bro, I know you like to have your tegus young so you have all the input in programming her behavior so she is just the way YOU want her not having to fix any bad behavior someone may have instilled on an older one. You feel me? Unless you run across a WELL RAISED WELL TEMPERED older one. We'll talk my brother. Just enjoy Kahnoah and Rango and your other beloved pets for now. You'll find the right girly for Kahnoah in due time my friend... In due time... Just hit up Javier again next season! He a kool dude and after being a klient of his this year, he may break you off a repeat klient discount if you skoop up another one from him. You never know...

Steven.

2012-09-19%2013.13.17_zps0e04bb39.jpg

I tried feeding him today. No luck. I put 2 waxworms and 2 baby crickets in the feeding bin with him. I left him for about 10 minutes and came back to him sleeping in the coner. I'm not too worried. He's still new to everything. So i brought him back to the enclosure and placed him in my shirt, since he's so tired. First time and hopefully not the last. I use this method to tame a lot of babies. No hides in the enclosure, just my shirt. They have no choice.

tommylee22 said:
How about a pic of smoke??? Thats dog is awesome!

I'll get some pics of smoke later today. Just for you..=)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980