• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

on my shoulders

RobK.

he's now 35 1/4 .'' and bulking up . he's 17 months old and has grown 22 1/4 in less than a year . It will be a year march 16 th and he should be 37-38'' by then . WOW :shy: Can you believe he was only 27 '' when i brought him home from the vet and he did not grow at all in the two months he was sick. My oldest son has not seen him for 6 months and could not believe it when he walked into his room .

IMG_5182.jpg

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
What do his diet consist of? I know when I had mines, he had about the same growth rate, on a staple of dandelions and collard greens(he was 22" by the time he was 9mos.) Before. I got mines I was always told they were slow growers, reaching only 2' by 2 yrs. Old which obviously isn't true

RobK.

reptastic said:
What do his diet consist of? I know when I had mines, he had about the same growth rate, on a staple of dandelions and collard greens(he was 22" by the time he was 9mos.) Before. I got mines I was always told they were slow growers, reaching only 2' by 2 yrs. Old which obviously isn't true

60% collard
10 % yellow . mutter-nut squash
10 % chopped green beans
20% endive

after he's pig out on the above he then get fruit , i rotate , small peaces of 1/3 of a dried fig twice a week , papaya , and he also get 6-8 Muzuri TC a day that i soak in water or smashed papaya with calcium with . He will never refuse Muzuri TC no matter how much he's ate .

RobK.

Maro1 said:
Your going to need that new cage!

WAY sooner than i ever though . I wish i had just gone this big right off . I was going to wait until spring but i am going to go ahead and finish it asap .I am really excited and have fun with the new project .

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
This makes me want to get either a rhino or cayman rock. Rob, if you don't mind me asking, are there big behavioral differences between the two?

RobK.

TeguBuzz said:
This makes me want to get either a rhino or cayman rock. Rob, if you don't mind me asking, are there big behavioral differences between the two?

I have only had a green and a Rhino so not sure , But the two rhino calmed don WAY faster than the green i had , but he was most likely wild born > My Sav , monitor i had good tame fast but i think they usually do if you get one real small . Mine was about 4' when i got him and 24 when i sold him . just got board with him and boy did his poop stink .

teguboy77

5 Year Member
I had greens,a cuban,and rhino's,and my cuban is a now is alot calmer than any rhino or green i had as a juvi,my rhino hatchling now is now wild but my cuban is calmer.I guess ever iguana will be different.But on the other hand both my rhino and my cuban are pretty calm for the age.Just my opinion.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
RobK. said:
TeguBuzz said:

I have only had a green and a Rhino so not sure , But the two rhino calmed don WAY faster than the green i had , but he was most likely wild born > My Sav , monitor i had good tame fast but i think they usually do if you get one real small . Mine was about 4' when i got him and 24 when i sold him . just got board with him and boy did his poop stink .

24 years old??

RobK.

teguboy77 said:
I think he meant 24'' when he got him,and was 4'ft when he sold him.

sorry' , What i meant to say was , when i got him he was 4'' and 24'' when i sold him !! only had him a little over a year . kinda miss him though . if i were to get another reptile it would be Sav , they tame easy , cheap and look cool . BUT My Rhino is more than enough .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029