• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Old Tegu fan, New to forum

Quijibo

5 Year Member
Hello from N.E. Ohio.
I got my first Tegu about 35 years ago (I was 11), and my next about 5 years later. They were both B&W arg's, both female, and both big beautiful pussycats. After a long association with varanids, I want to go back to my first big lizard. I'm looking for another Arg, but a maybe a red male this time.
Back when I had my girls, nobody knew much about Tegu's, and I'd only heard about red Arg's, but I'd heard enough to know I wanted one. After years of searching pet stores and bugging their owners (no net back then), I finally gave up and moved on to monitors.
Now, I have to finally get my red... or...

Edit: After seeing Bobby's Tegu's, and getting a little nostalgic (misty?), I may just have to get one of his beautiful Black & Whites...

Jer723

5 Year Member
welcome to the forum man! if your looking for a red male. tegu one of our moderators Davedragon is selling his for a good price. id check it out!

Richard21

5 Year Member
Hello Quijibo and welcome to the forum! Hope someone around here can help you get what your looking for.

Quijibo

5 Year Member
Got a little B&W coming from Varnyard. (hoping it's a boy :fc )
Thanks Bobby! :cheers

Oddly, I'm surprised how excited I am about finally getting another Tegu after all these years. :mrgreen:

GOT_TEGUS

5 Year Member
Quijibo said:
Got a little B&W coming from Varnyard. (hoping it's a boy :fc )
Thanks Bobby! :cheers

Oddly, I'm surprised how excited I am about finally getting another Tegu after all these years. :mrgreen:

awesome good luck with your GU

Quijibo

5 Year Member
Now I just have to figure out a way to sneak in the Gila Monster that I've always wanted.....

:chin

GOT_TEGUS

5 Year Member
Quijibo said:
Now I just have to figure out a way to sneak in the Gila Monster that I've always wanted.....

:chin
lol I know I had 2 gilas and sold them. GUs are better and more responsive. Gilas are not active lizards still awesome thou

Quijibo

5 Year Member
Ya, they are kinda like pretty terrarium decorations! A friend of mine had one a while back, I don't think I ever saw him move, other than to eat.
I've been facinated by them since I was old enough to read about them, they've always been sort of a "Holy Grail" of mine. If my friend still had one, I'd probably be OK with just visiting it during feeding times. :-D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029