• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Odin's One Year-ish Update

AP27

So Odin is a year and 3 months old now and boy has he changed from when we first got him! He was about 11in then, skittish and tiny. He wouldn't eat in front of us, hid from us, pretty much the typical baby tegu. Now he's a 38in, 6lb little monster, but a very gentle one. His personality is somewhat like a cat, and by that I mean that he will ask for attention when he wants it, but most of the time would rather you came to him. He can be quite snuggly when he wants warmth though. :) And he does enjoy cheek and tail rubs and will stick the base of his tail in the air when you rub it, also reminding me of a cat lol. He's wonderfully leash trained now and comfortable with all people and places.

Anyway, this is him a couple months ago, just shy of 36in:
6.jpg

Sitting at his tile eating dinner. He looked like he was sitting at a little table to me >.<
3.jpg

Relaxing in the pool (new pool, no chlorine added yet)
5.jpg

His little teeth have started to come in =)
4.jpg

Enjoying the grass by the beach on our trip to San Diego:
1.jpg

Impatient for me to get his bath started:
2.jpg

Video of him enjoying the end of a shower:

So there's some pics and updates on my darling little monster. Hope you enjoyed! :)

AP27

Thanks =)
I use a ferret harness but I'm on the largest adjustment possible for it now and it's getting a little small, so I'll be switching to a cat harness soon.

kim86

Love the shower video. How and when do you introduce your tegu to showers? Do they usually freak out at first?

frost

1,000+ Post Club
yeah thats what i figured. was just worried that i might have done something wrong.

AP27

kim86 said:
Love the shower video. How and when do you introduce your tegu to showers? Do they usually freak out at first?

Well I had heard of someone else trying it with their tegu and it enjoying it, so I figured I'd try it with mine. The first time I did he wasn't sure what to think and tried to climb my legs to get out. So I just left it alone for awhile then a few months later thought i'd try again since he had become calmer and more confident. He doesn't really like it of the shower head is pointing straight down, but if I put it on a lighter setting and angle it out more he loves it. He'll position himself under it and relax for a bit, then change position and relax some more. I wonder if it feels something like a massage to him lol

elmo

i shower wit my tegu twice a week, she loves the shower spray. the 1st time i put her in she was scared and just layed on my feet... now she runs into the spray and gets mad when i try to take a turn under the water lol last week she learned she could lay on the drain and clog it wit her fat belly, all the warm water floods around her... she loves it! after the slower i leave a few inches of water and she sleeps till im ready to get her out.

chitodadon

1,000+ Post Club
Godzilla loves the bath but when he done he goes crazy to get out I cant even grab him lol

from Samsung Galaxy S3

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu